Absent players, dangerous chip sources in poker

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
absentee players exist almost always in any tournament and are an almost easy source of getting more chips, but everyone wants to get them. Have you ever been eliminated for going to match these chips? Assuming you are in the final rounds where the chips are high, what do you think about these absent players?

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't change my game to acquire a few extra chips. If I don't have a hand worth calling with the other players can have the "easy" chips and I just take them away from them when I have the cards to play!:D:D

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never encountered such a problem, moreover, I have not even heard that it existed.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If its big blind sitting out, there is some extra dead chips in the pot, and of course this needs to be taken into account. For instance small blind should defend with a slightly wider range, because he know, big blind is going to fold. But its not anything, that should change the dynamic in a major way, unless its a bounty tournament, and the sit out player is forced all in for his last chips.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t usually see this deep in a tournament, usually only until the blinds eliminate them and then there is still lots of players left. It’s great when you have 2 or 3 of them on your left and you can steal them when everyone else folds. I have played freerolls where it’s only been me active at a table before!

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Carlos, I don't think that's a problem. :) I will say more, I have never noticed that I can crash out of a tournament against an offline player... In a good, big tournament, you will play all-in every time, against a live opponent! :) Of course, the situation is possible, theoretically, but to sit and wait for your stack to be equal to the offline player, why?)) If you are close to the end, you need to act much earlier and wait this absolutely inanely! :) Right now, I can't create this situation in my head, sorry ;)

Therefore, I think, it"s right when you do not pay attention to the players offline and when you go into the game, you need to evaluate the situation only against the active player and then you will not think about it ;)

If you went on the attack and killed a player offline, rejoice to yourself and go on))) This is a small gift for you :) no more than ;)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Honestly, I do not care. I think only about my own results and my own prospects. For me, opponents exist only to defeat them.

Daniel_Mahcado

Daniel_Mahcado

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes

It depends a lot on how the situation is.

You have to be a little careful, because like you, other people will think about stealing or pot. Even more so in the final tournament.
So I believe that it is best to play with the hand that you really enjoy that is worthwhile.
Enter the game to play and win.

If I only take the risk to win SB and BB, I would only do it if all people doubled up and only me to place bets, and SB and BB were absent, or I was SB.
Otherwise, I would not risk leaving the tournament just by trying to 'steal' chips from an absent player.

Sometimes it is better to wait 1 more attempt to try a good hand than to risk stealing chips with a bad hand simply because a BB player is absent from the tournament.
Not to mention that he can return at any time and have a better hand than yours.

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bigger problem is the players that play hands with the players that are sitting out.

Robsant

Robsant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens a lot who never signed up stayed out and won a few cents someone ue was all lost before

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I widen my ranges by one spot for each player who is sat out. If its folded to me in the cut off and one player ahead is sat out I raise with a range similar to what I would play from the button, because I know there are only two players who might call or raise. If its folded to me in the hijack and one player ahead is sat out I raise with a range similar to what I would play from the cut off, etc. etc.