AA busted

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing with pocket AA, is difficult. It happens lots..
I try to jack up the betting to reduce these problems. But, sometimes I lose, no matter what. Its all part of the game....

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a bad beat with AA. You did raise and get called which is what you wanted. We have to take the good flops with the bad. Thats poker and thats gambling, plain and simple.

fialhosm

fialhosm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is an excellent pre flop hand.
I still do not know how to act when I leave with this hand.
Sometimes I give all-in and I lose to a two-piece.
Sometimes I bet nothing, and I get few chips.

A

Auron

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I had my AA beat by KK twice last night, it happens. As most people say try to get over it, doesn't necessarily mean you played badly. And my two cents are always bet AA strongly, better to scare them and just get blinds than get in a flop with 4 other people ;)

bahajan

bahajan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as they look beautiful AA and what a shame when they turn into junk on the river

D

DuduGrando

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm tired of losing with AA KK and QQ not always a monster hand is a win guarantee, that's one reason why poker is special

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you have to fold AA, If the board is active. Depends on are you going AA pre-flop or after the flop. Most of the time, when I have a short stack I go all-in pre-flop. When I have a big stack, I just try to value my hand. But with an active board, I will think twice before I go all-in with AA.

M

mr_poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is poker, it happens. Good luck!

Adriemoren

Adriemoren

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a MTT late mid position i had less stock
So want more benifit with AA so simply raise two bet but got busted with q9 streight .what exactelly did there?

Ir you have AA your chances to win after flop os over 85%. Preflop hoy raise 3BB aproximately. But when you see the flop. Everything can change. Before flop you will take the desition again. Also fue position and numbers ir oponents is very important. You must do the continuos bet but nothing is warranteed at poker table. Good luck

Adriemoren

Adriemoren

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a MTT late mid position i had less stock
So want more benifit with AA so simply raise two bet but got busted with q9 streight .what exactelly did there?

Ir you have AA your chances to win after flop is over 85%. Preflop you must raise 3BB aproximately. But when you see the flop. Everything can change. Before flop you will take the desition again. Also the position and numbers ir oponents is very important. You must do the continuos bet but nothing is warranteed at poker table. Good luck

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Texas hold'em, no starter pocket hand can't guarantee victory. A pair of aces is good only preflop, the situation on the flop can change!

Adriemoren

Adriemoren

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Texas hold'em, no starter pocket hand can't guarantee victory. A pair of aces is good only preflop, the situation on the flop can change!

I agree but the probabilities exist. And two aces in hand is the best hand. The position and numbers of opponents. And a good manage the bet can help to the victory.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree but the probabilities exist. And two aces in hand is the best hand. The position and numbers of opponents. And a good manage the bet can help to the victory.

I agree. Two aces it is advisable to play with less players because the more players, the less chances. Regarding bets - in any case, don't slowplay pocket aces!

V

VVOOBB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can use an equity software and play around with the possibilities.

AA x KQo, the AA wins 87.12%

Even AA x 72o, the AA wins 88.22%, not 100%.

If you want to go further, a three-way pot with AA x KQo x 72o:

AA: 74.95%
KQo: 13.68%
72o: 11.37%

And should the pot have more people involved, your equity with pocket A's keeps decreasing.

E

evarki8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to protect the value of AA

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Final table of CC buy in today, short stacked & wake up with KQ, shove & called by bigger stack holding AA. I flop a K, turn a K & double up. I did not start thinking I was Stu Unger, AA holder did not start whining about online poker being rigged. A round or 2 later I was in same position & folded a weak A, same opponent showed poc AA again, we laughed about it, bit later he called my AK with A10 & flopped a 10 to knock me out of tourney. It's just poker folks, stuff happens. We both played the first & last hands fine. An argument could be made, regarding the second hand mentioned, that I should not be foldin any A in that position, but I was factoring in payouts & decided to fold.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You had AA and you raise two bet you should have gone all in you try to trap but they trap you good luck next time.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It does not need to be too tied to AA, especially in the early stages of the multitable tournament and when there are more players in the game. With AA exclusively in heads up.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always bet half of my stad and I see who were the cards on the flop as two pairs qq kk on the flop pound ruin your strong hand, sometimes and gone all in depemdiente if I have a fairly strong stad and if the tournament is in the final stages I do not usually do it in the beginning stages of a tournament

iboga

iboga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess you needed to raise bigger pre flop . never ever slow play your premium hands. winning a little is always better than loosing to players with marginal hands who feel comfortable to call a little raise to see the flop . once they see their monster you can't make them get away from it so by raising bigger preflop you won't allow them to come in with trashy hands .
Cheers

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aces are not always winning.

C

clayvision

Rising Star