afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Obviously there are other things to consider like position, other players, etc. but what is your lowest A? cards that you tend to fold most often? AT+ I almost always play, but A9 or lower I frequently fold, A6 and under almost always fold, suited or not. Just curious about others who play with A?

lukaji

lukaji

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously there are other things to consider like position, other players, etc. but what is your lowest A? cards that you tend to fold most often? AT+ I almost always play, but A9 or lower I frequently fold, A6 and under almost always fold, suited or not. Just curious about others who play with A?
i'm bad lucky whit (A♡ Q♤) but always raise whit A◇ 6◇ and every time i won

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I fold with a small kicker in my hand is A 2 A 3,l never take risks,especially when it comes to going all-in.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
AJ must be one of the worst cards to play at a table, you are in the middle of everything

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are combinations like KQ, KJ, AJ, etc. We will include all combinations with cards from ten to ace here, but we will exclude pocket pairs and AK hands. The main problem with dominated broadway is that it looks beautiful and strong. This causes many beginners to overplay these hands. Poker players often hit top pair and pull it to the end. You have to remember that hands like KQ can be dominated when hitting top pair. The opponent can have the same pair of kings or queens, but with a stronger kicker - an ace. Or an even more powerful combination. So don't rush to raise and don't call three streets with a nice top pair, if you're up against a decent player, they'll usually have a stronger hand than you.

StomatologT

StomatologT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you about AT being worth playing in almost all cases. But I also like to try my luck with lower ace card choices, but only if a couple of cards are the same suit, because there is always a chance to catch a flush, where you don't have to think much, but just collect money from your opponents. :rolleyes:

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on your opponents, your stack, your position. There are cases that up to 72o is good to open.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Offsuit A9 and bellow I almost never play unless very shortstacked.
Suited I play any ace in certain situations
that dont pot commit me and try to hit a flush or 2p.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A6 o and less off goes into the trash can unless in a blind position for me.....

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A10 burned me so many times this weekend! Ugh! I think that will now be added to my A? not to play lol.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i fold k/a no second thougt always bad beat:rolleyes:

P

pontvadasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends, if it's a suited hand, I'll play the smaller cards. Then it's not the A that dominates, but the suit.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

This is a good thread to read to see what people think because to answer the question properly would take a book length manuscript. I used to have pretty solid rules when I was lesser experienced but as I gained more experience I have fewer hard and fast rules. I have mucked AQo and AJs and later 3 bet A4s and all of these actions were after considering factors like position, table image, (mine and the other players), previous play, stack sizes, payout implications , etc.
So I guess I can't answer your question without writing a book which would be boring and no one would read it.:D. This is a good thread to read for info.

Jim

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament when the buy-in is small, I use all the aces with a small kicker if there is an opportunity to limp or small call. As the buy-in grows, the kicker selection grows.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Lately I've been giving up on all Aces, AA, AK, AQ, AJ, in short, all of them, I'm tired of losing with As, when I want to leave the game, I just have to wait for an Ace and play, it's fatal, yesterday I participated in 10 tournaments, I ran with As, pre-flop, incredible, if I had played, I would have lost.

M

Mmaxiii

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends of the situation, but i like to see when i can

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From early positions I will fold most Ax only playing A10s+. From later position wheel aces A2-5s make for good 3 bet bluff candidate's. I find AK burns me more than any other hand I play always get knocked out of tourneys against lower Ax or pocket pairs

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It really depends from the sircumstances, like from the study of the game, the position, the other players. It is not just a scale of AX!

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends which type of tournament I play and how much chips I have sometimes I go all in on every A even on A2 it depend how much is blind because on some poker tournaments like turbo blind is growing too fast so I need to risk even on A2 in different color or table will eat me for a dinner.

B

Beetech

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I think an ace is playable in almost any situation. Rarely recommend folding. Sure they are beatable, but in a tourney? almost always a good live card.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the cards are suited I am usually playing never mind what the kicker is as I hold the Ace for the high flush, but if they are not I am usually folding A9, A8, A7 and A6, with the others I am trying to play with them due the possible straight draws, which can happen. On the other hand, if I am having a lot of stack and I am in total control of the table, I will never fold A with any kicker, but it all depends on my position in the table/tournament.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

When I have an A with another card of the same color I always play them to find a color, when they are of a different color I always discard them, unless it is AJ,

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I pretty much get involved in any hands with AJ+ and I also like to play A2, A3, A4, A5(especially suited), every other Ax is pretty much a fold most of the times...

GLGL all at the tables BlessRNG

Folding in Poker