A strategy I haven't seen before

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise smaller. Usually he will not bother to do so as he's not winning as much.

F

fkucdaw0rld

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea theres a few major points here that are of most importance: he simply had position on you, you should never limp in, and you need to tighten your range...a 4bet would have given you a better idea of whether he was just messing with you or actually had premium hands he wanted to play with, but that still doesnt take his position advantage away from him...overall it sucks having someone like that to ur left, but it leaves the door open for a more deceptive strategy you could employ and perhaps get a huge pot out of him

Sven Deuceman

Sven Deuceman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah have to agree first never limp. though i like have the laggy types to my right if they are on my left it just becomes another factor to my leading into the pot. if i know that lag villian is going to reraise me then i have no worries about raising lightwith a good hand. let them build confidence in position and do the raising for me throughout the hand. one or two of those and they quickly start thinking about reraisng me. then I can open with rags ;)

E

Eclipsenz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is a play I do have trouble with any tightening your range does work except if you fold for 2-3 orbits its see through as **** and he'd pick up on this and if he had any brains he'd fold..

But I really have to ask for my own piece of mind, most of the time when you do get a person continuously raising you lets say I raise KQ or whatever and get reraised.. would I be wrong in thinking even though reluctantly folding alot is that they're shoving a wider range? hell I think these chaps are raising sc, A-rag alot of the time.. I would love to shove back.. but sometimes I'm just too scared to especially when their stats are like 16/8 or something similar... only really happens in SNGs probably cause I'm aiming for the leaderboards and don't wanna jeopadise a good start i.e having 200 points in 5 games just on a misread

I see this play quite alot to and it really makes me lol, tight at **** nits who have stats of 5/5 or 8/8 or some shit, they double up then out of ****en no where they double up, call extremely wide ranges and shove on any piece of the board.

ironically their SNG finishes are either early like the first one to go or make it to the money, theres no inbetween, I call them tight-sheriffs. To an extent they have a clue but they will shove on top pair or insist on a showdown on a avg hand alot of the time.. no amount of reraising or whatever will get them off their mediocore hand.