A set-up?

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know I have complained many times about "Variance" and I have even said how I think PS uses logarithms to reduce players bankrolls, well this is an example (1 of many) of how a hand is delivered in which the players on both sides of the hand would inevitably end up all in and of course there can only be one winner.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/324YeqwV6

:):):)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I know I have complained many times about "Variance" and I have even said how I think PS uses logarithms to reduce players bankrolls, well this is an example (1 of many) of how a hand is delivered in which the players on both sides of the hand would inevitably end up all in and of course there can only be one winner.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/324YeqwV6

:):):)
So here's the problem: this can happen in live poker just as easily as in online poker, so this is a realistic hand despite it being a setup. Now, the question is: how do you tell the difference between a random setup and an a setup that is driven by an algorithm? Think about it because I am interested in the same thing and would like to know.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that's a very sick hand , not much you can do about that, just keep getting it in good and let the numbers work in your favour :)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
jam pre, if it's an mtt. i'm not sure if it's a jam in an sng.

the hand doesn't look like a set up, just very unlucky in the end. obviously your opponent doesn't know what you have and got it it in way behind, but they're getting it in 100% of that board. swap places and you're probably doing similar in this situation. none of you did anything wrong post flop, just a bad run out for you. don't over think it.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
jam pre, if it's an mtt. i'm not sure if it's a jam in an sng.

the hand doesn't look like a set up, just very unlucky in the end. obviously your opponent doesn't know what you have and got it it in way behind, but they're getting it in 100% of that board. swap places and you're probably doing similar in this situation. none of you did anything wrong post flop, just a bad run out for you. don't over think it.
What's you definition of a set up hand?

I see it as a hand where all the chips are going in the middle regardless of whether it is all-in preflop or played properly street by street to the river.

rabman50

rabman50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I call this a cooler. This could just as easily happen at a live table (I've experienced worse) and there is no "set-up" algorithm there. I hate poker and I love poker. When I'm the guy with nines I love poker and when I'm the guy with eights I hate poker. I have been both of those guys in one MTT.

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a cooler , same thing happened to me yesterday on a freeroll . Flopped boat , set the trap , all in on turn , and he hit 2 outer on me on river . What can you say except GG well played .

I'm amazed how u didnt shove those 6bb preflop , but OK .

Keep your chin up m8 , those things happens regularly , continue to play good poker and dont get discouraged by those spots . U can't lose them all , and you can't win them all ! GL

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
happens in real life, probabilities, inevitable, you have to know how to live with that.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen many similar situations and I do not think this is something unusual.