A/K - Luck or bad luck?

MorDa

MorDa

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate AK, the most losing hand for me, I always when I do 3 bet with it get all-in and leave the tournament.
And when I just do Call - flop does not suit me

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's always a strong hand, and for the most part, it gives a lot of luck

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good hand has 65% chance to win against 1 hand and 50 % to win against 2 hands pre flop, but the rest is history if you play on poker stars you will lose more then you will win if your not the biggest stack. PS has a lot of coolers for small stack players.

R

Roblandinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a great hand for a short stack shove, but it is not an easy hand to play without a position for beginner players

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was happened to me many times.So now i try not to get into flips when i have a lot chips, especially if the villain has too many chips.

AK vs 22
47.56% 51.84%

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well this is a wrong judgment about this hand, there are a lot of small things that will greatly affect the outcome of the game ... flop aponents how many of them and what are the statistics on them which position is what stage of the tournament and what are the blinds ... yes a lot of everything and these trifles need to be seen and dumped in time because losing part of the stack does not mean losing everything

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is definitely a good starting hand. I will three bet preflop if in position and 4 bet if out of position. Do not like to shove preflop because it is easily beat by a pocket pair or any other pair for that matter if you don't hit. Looking at my stats since May 1st, I have lost with this hand 44% (79/181) of the time. Probably higher than it should be due to playing loose in freerolls but it is an excellent starting hand if played with cautious aggression.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think many of the players feel privileged when they leave with A - K in hand.
However, the dynamics of poker betray us several times, in many ways.
I, for example, have come out with this hand countless times, but the times I have come to count on the fingers of one hand. It's not five times what I've won.
And you?
What's the biggest hand that gives you bad luck in the game?

:acordo::acordo::acordo::acordo::acordo::acordo::acordo::acordo::acordo::acordo:

Just busted out with AK :mad:. Ace-rag hit two pair on the river. Just the way it goes sometimes.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK has most hands dominated and is 50% against others except of course KK and AA. This being said if you are 50% vs any hand, it could be perfectly possible to lose 100 times in a row. To explain this phenomenon you have to look at statistics over a very long period of time. Good Luck people.

Justin Bloomquist

Justin Bloomquist

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK always gives me losses for some reason. I don't know why

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
AK is a good hand, but it is not guaranteed to win, I think that what happens is that many times the cards they give us are not favorable and when we see AK we think it is a great opportunity to win some chips, but as I say AK it is good hand but does not give you the guarantee of always winning with them

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
A K is a strong hand, but it all depends on how you play it, of your other factors, I think AK are cards saves lives because they often help when we are short of chips or when the cards do not help

A

aj43615

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
worst hand for me is QJ....no matter suited or not it seems to always lose for me :(...I have won some nice pots with AK tho...have beaten AA quit a few times with it...

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If u start AK u probably are ahead of your enemies pre flop, but the flop can change the game. AK mess up with our heads and we bet on something we are losing after flop.

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i don't believe in luck, every hand has own power, AK it's a good card, that will give you more winnings than losings on the distance

B

BetterNot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there was a time where i would definetely call an all in with that hand but as experienced learned me it looks a lot prettier than it actually is. when playing against pockets its only a 50/50 chance and a lot of times i even lost against much weaker hands. i just raise big and wait for the flop

nobodysf00l

nobodysf00l

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ax looking for right position and value

Id take A-K every hand if all I wanted out of life is to make money and win, But for me, it is not particular hand that makes the kind of numbers that prove skill,a finely tuned poker mind,
and a supreme confidence that If i approach each hand with a goal and not be shaken or flustered when,..well, even pocket aces lose more than 30% of the time.
I love taking down a fat pot when someone lets me look at the flop when they should not have!

J

johnltakacs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly struggle with pairs. I always flop sets on flush and straight boards and get run down...I thrive with any suited connectors and AK or AQ. The only pair I win with is 10 10

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is very weird to play with. It seems so hard to get value from it if you flop it, and then seeming to shut down if you miss the flop. Tourney play, this hand is better, especially when going all in since you will be able to see all 5 cards. if you just see a flop, your in trouble against someone who can pick up that you have a strong hand.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ak is a good hand, which needs to be played accordingly; it can play very well; i guess i sometimes win more than 70% with that hand

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A K is a very nice starter hand.The only real downside to A K is when you match up against A A or K K preflop, especially A A. That is a total nightmare. If you have A K and someone shoves all in, generally worst case scenario is you have run into a pocket pair. At that point in time it is hard to put down. Upside to running into a pocket pair with A K is when you don't hit your A or K but by the sheer grace of god the pocket pair get's counterfeited by two larger pairs on the board. It happens. I like to min raise with it and then if it doesn't hit and someone bets I can always throw it away, no worries.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must be worst than you. I rarely hit AK any all in or in the flop. Its a really bad hand for me. GL to those that hit with it, and I ahve seen may hit almost everytime.