infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Obviously, this is the difficult hand, and all depends on specific situation.

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
AK is the good hand when you have small amount of chips and the worst hand when few all-in at the table looking for you as well as the strong hand on the bubble. You get to choose whom should you be

Obviously, this is the difficult hand, and all depends on specific situation.

Smartly said! I have found my previous notes in this regard and i admit it to be true that this is the difficult hand, and I should rather word it differently - this is challenging hand. It is beyond the luck only to play these cards and win everytime. This hand requires specific skills and practice to play out these cards with winning mindset.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smartly said! I have found my previous notes in this regard and i admit it to be true that this is the difficult hand, and I should rather word it differently - this is challenging hand. It is beyond the luck only to play these cards and win everytime. This hand requires specific skills and practice to play out these cards with winning mindset.
Agreed, everyone seems to play this hand badly at some point, then ask themselves what did I do wrong? How did I loose against aj or worse.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Slayerknown that AA is over rated. I can't count the number of times I have had AA in my hand and been beat by players with everything from KK to 27 off suited when they hook on the flop and I am left holding the bag with my lonely aces.

L

luckybest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is true I don't like to go all in with ak or similar hand because u can hit nothing with it and lose. By going all in u r leaving it up to luck if u go all in preflop

MrKarasev

MrKarasev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think...

I think that AK is often played like A10 vs AJ, because with them it is more often and easier to assemble a good combination.

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Recently I started to act out the hands with AK in different ways while playing in tournaments and cash games. Not the last role while choosing a style of play with these cards is the table, the number of remaining players, the position and the number of my chips. In most cases I play aggressively in the cash game as well as have been beaten by any pair often.

N

Neol0107

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like pairs whatever and lost amounts with AA KK QQ

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more and more I play AK, the more I play it like most other connectors. It looks really pretty, but a lot of the time, it is just Ace high. I raise with it of course, but I raise with a lot of suited connectors. The worst thing is you can only hit 1 straight with it. AK suited is even nicer, but if you want to hit a nut flush, you can have any suited ace. I guess one good thing about getting raked over the coals when you have AK is that it makes it easier to lay down in future hands when you don't hit anything.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i love ak i seem to always play it right somehow just luckly i guess

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me AQ and AA.

I almost always stay behind the flush and straight.

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a strong preflop arm, everything depends on the cards on the board and on you. It always cries, such as "I come to AA, AK, QC and I always lose (((. What do you advise?" - dear you fish, study, study and study again. Read the video and everything will change for you better.

R

RicardoInciarte

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK suite is a such good hand

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I tend to play AK as I play 77 or 66. I think it's a good hand, but it depends a lot of the flop. I see a lot of shoves pre-flop with this hand, and sometimes it worth in freerolls or micro stakes games, but only because it is very common see weak players calling with hands like A5, KQ or KJ. Most of the time, you will be in a coin flip, putting your tournament in risk. And if you go to the 50/50 odds more than two times in a MTT, you will need a lot of luck to get a good result.
I prefer to play it with some caution.

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All cards are good if you know how to use, there is one more thing than the cards, your image on the table, the position, the size of the bet. The problem is that most of the time it creates hope that the card will hit turn or river, and continues to pay, which should not happen.

C

Cazador twd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a good hand the problem is that often overvalue and risk much with it when they are 2 high cards only

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly don't even know if there is a way to play AK

I've tried all sorts of ways to play AK. I've limped in only to have the hand get beat by a better flop for them. I've 3 bet them to have a pocket pair catch a set while i catch an ace or king. I've seen where people catch 2 pair while I have a pair of aces or kings. Then there's the times I've tried to go all in preflop. I think I have won or tied more times bidding them big preflop but don't quote me on that.It's AK................does anyone really know the right way to play the hand?!!

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have bad luck with AK too, just busted out of a tourney after I hit an A on the flop and got all in against AQ, Then Q comes on river. Now that's bad luck. I have this kind of luck with a lot of hands though, not just AK, :) Ah well, whatchagonnado?

G

georgall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These cards can make a lot of problems. :confused:

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I went all in with AA on the flop, on the flop of 9JQ, at the opet 10 * 9, on the river K, the madhouse