Is this a good fold? I need your thoughts.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Standard fold but you lost more chips than you had to. You could have cbet less on the flop and got opponent to do the same thing. I believe that the pot was around 1650. You could have bet around 750 or so.

Try checking behind for pot control but to also try and improve.

But I agree that it wasn't a good fold, but rather an easy fold. It's unlikely your opponent is bluffing there.

Last edited:
A

Attamo00

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think preflop 4bb raise okey. The flop bet not good deal to big the bet. I dont bet. I check-call or check-fold. That nice fold :)

S

stevenparker91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would've folded that, no reason to risk your tournament life on a pair of jacks. I mean you had a back door flush draw, but still that's not enough to risk your tournament life on

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fold was good but the flop bet was terrible. You gotta check there.

P

Pablo24A

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you spend a couple of minutes on the table and you can see who may be bluffing, but I don't know the other player so I have to say good fold

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very good fold after bad raise :)

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get the impression that you thought this might be a bad fold. After reviewing the hand, you played aggressive from middle position and when you hit middle pair, you decided to see where you were. I agree with Shumkoolie that a smaller bet would have given you the same information, but with your chip stack and blind level, the extra 280 chips you lost shouldn't have mattered too much. You listened to the answer and made your decision. Only the poker gods know if it was a good fold. But everyone agrees they make the same decision under the same circumstances.

N

Nikita Averyanov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tnink this is a good fold)

Rincewind

Rincewind

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't even call it a good fold, because its a no brainer. It was a snap fold. Nothing to consider.

A good fold is one where there is actually a (tough) decision to make. You should be folding that hand 100 times out of 100.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I hate AJ suited or off suited . If i were in your potition I would do as follows : F irst of all I would raise 3 times the big blind , not 4 times , that is 450 chips if I'm correct. Postflop I would bet the same amount , 450 . If eki3333 shoved ,then ok, I whould have done the same with you, fold . You risked too much I think for
AJ ,though it was suited.

T

TheImperator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fold is easy. The chances of him making this play with air are remote.

I'm actually fine with your PF raise sizing if you are going to raise as you've got a limper in front of you already.

I also think your c-bet is fine, it's a little more than half the pot. The reply above mine hasn't thought about the pot, obviously, to be betting T450 into T2025 with a c-bet.

Nikolay23

Nikolay23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice fold i think,no way to reise it again.

Z

zkel1980

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not so much of a good fold as an easy fold, but, I wouldn't have c-bet so much on hitting middle pair and only 1 club. AJs can be a horrible hand and I don't always like 3BB raising it before flop.

K

Kdjb

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold middle pair no flush or straight draw and over bet to begin with

okthishard

okthishard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to learn not to put you in this position in the first place. as is a fold, as others have said rework your aggression with non-premium hands

G

Gektor610

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gektor 610

Preflop played wrong.. 3bet on A j suited.. not good.. .. All other is good..

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop raise was too high, good call with the continuation bet... However no other choice but to fold after the raise.

sofren

sofren

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion: you are raise so much in preflop action, and probably other players call with strong hand. Also you are raise so much on flop you was be so agressive. But l think you make a good decision. This guy probably have a King or set of eights. Also you did not have a good draw, just potentionaly backdoor flash or straight. For me good fold and my advice dont be agressive so much with AJ in this situation, a lot of recreative players are still in tournament and they are call with anything they have.

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah after he shoved there was nothing else to do but fold, so good fold, but what i found issue with is, how u played the hand, there was a lot that could have been done here and player differently and have a different outcome, say u checked after the flop, he would have bet like u 1K in to the pot, i would have called that at least once more to see the turn and if the turn was another J then ill try to push him allin, but if the turn is another club, and i face a big bet or an allin, ufffffffffffff tough decision that would be for me, with second best pair and a nuts flush draw, i probably would have called, or made a NIT fold, but anyhow, all u did wrong is the way u played your hand, the fold was good, but the way u played the hand was not.

Folding in Poker