yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What does it feel like for you when you play a tournament really well, and for a bad move you are eliminated?
I honestly feel really frustrated at the time.:cry::cry::cry:

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You're right, that's what I feel too many times, we have to go ahead even if we know there will be more mistakes, it's part of the game, we have nothing else to do but be optimistic for the next tournament!

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel angry at myself and disappointed with the result, and be sure to take a screenshot for further hand analysis and finding right play.

monkeytilter

monkeytilter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of mistakes, winning players make fewer and smaller ones than their opponents.

Try and remain mindful and not "auto-pilot", this is not easy when you are hours into a tournament but essential to your success - at each decision point consider the consequence of your actions.

Statsman1

Statsman1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Bad beats and suckouts are bad enough. Making a mistake (and knowing you made a mistake) is a bad feeling, but you should feel a bit better for realizing your mistake, and hopefully, next time, you won't do the same thing!

Making mistakes is part of the learning. Learning from mistakes is the only way to get better.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yuriko Oyama, I fully agree with You! This really is very annoing and making angry!!!
But this is Poker, and it's very cruel Game!.. However, as and our Life...

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
error is part of our human nature dear Yuriko
The point in poker is to try not to make them
I get angry with myself when I make them, but then I think about the move and try to improve it so I don't make the same mistake again.
For example, he came from losing in 4 MTTs in a row with AA. I'm honest with you I played them very aggressively all in and always lost. So I said to myself, why not play them less aggressively??? And it happened that yesterday in an MTT that came out 2nd I had AA 5 times and I played them differently and won 4 times and on one occasion I folded to a showdown with many chances of the villain's nuts.
Learning about the positions in the MTT also helped me a lot to limit the margin of errors. For example, before in UTG I opened with anything, for example QJ, I liked those cards but I really didn't analyze what could happen after considering a 3bet or an all in of the villain. Today I fold directly in that position and well later if the showdown came in my favor, bad luck.
Also the issue of aggression ranges helped me a lot.
Everything works friend, what can be learned to make as few mistakes as possible always works.
kisses and good sunday to you:love::love::love::):):)

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it´s normal to make bad moves, we not Fedor Holz.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When your first thought is to analyze & learn from the mistake instead of moping around because your not perfect, you are making progress.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You're right, that's what I feel too many times, we have to go ahead even if we know there will be more mistakes, it's part of the game, we have nothing else to do but be optimistic for the next tournament!
if we choose this path, we have to move on, see you at the tables.(y)(y)(y)

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I feel angry at myself and disappointed with the result, and be sure to take a screenshot for further hand analysis and finding right play.
you're right, everything is learning and has to be used in some way, see you at the tables.(y)

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bad beats and suckouts are bad enough. Making a mistake (and knowing you made a mistake) is a bad feeling, but you should feel a bit better for realizing your mistake, and hopefully, next time, you won't do the same thing!

Making mistakes is part of the learning. Learning from mistakes is the only way to get better.
Thank you for your attention and for the advice friend.
you are absolutely right.
see you at the tables.(y)(y)(y)

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
error is part of our human nature dear Yuriko
The point in poker is to try not to make them
I get angry with myself when I make them, but then I think about the move and try to improve it so I don't make the same mistake again.
For example, he came from losing in 4 MTTs in a row with AA. I'm honest with you I played them very aggressively all in and always lost. So I said to myself, why not play them less aggressively??? And it happened that yesterday in an MTT that came out 2nd I had AA 5 times and I played them differently and won 4 times and on one occasion I folded to a showdown with many chances of the villain's nuts.
Learning about the positions in the MTT also helped me a lot to limit the margin of errors. For example, before in UTG I opened with anything, for example QJ, I liked those cards but I really didn't analyze what could happen after considering a 3bet or an all in of the villain. Today I fold directly in that position and well later if the showdown came in my favor, bad luck.
Also the issue of aggression ranges helped me a lot.
Everything works friend, what can be learned to make as few mistakes as possible always works.
kisses and good sunday to you
you always wise friend jonas.
very consistent with what you said.
as incredible as it may seem, AA is the hand that keeps me out of tournaments the most.
thank you and happy sunday to you too.(y)(y)(y):giggle:

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yuriko Oyama, I fully agree with You! This really is very annoing and making angry!!!
But this is Poker, and it's very cruel Game!.. However, as and our Life...
I agree with you, but when we waste a game that is going so well, it's really annoying, but as you say, life goes on.(y)(y)(y)