Is a $250K tourney good bankroll management for anyone?

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm amazed by how high the buy in for the high roller tourneys at the wsop are. Is this prudent bankroll management for anyone? Aren't you supposed to have 100-300 times your buy in?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I'm amazed by how high the buy in for the high roller tourneys at the WSOP are. Is this prudent bankroll management for anyone?
They are high, aren't they. Even pros minimize the financial effects to their wealth by selling stakes. Not all of them but some do.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even pros minimize the financial effects to their wealth by selling stakes. Not all of them but some do.
Most do. And in top of that these high rollers are so rare, that nobody can play enough of them to overcome variance. Which makes the idea of bankroll management less relevant. Yes if someone was going to play 1.000 250k event, they should theoretically have a bankroll of at least 25 million. But since people only play a few, it can be considered a kind of shot taking.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It remains a dream because you need a bank

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well, it is an enormous bankroll bomb, or even better a bankroll execution!:) If you give 250K to get in the game, every card you hold it has a gold value!

A

Axmanace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly - unless you don’t have a job or use poker winnings to pay for necessities….

I feel like a bankroll is more of a distraction than a benefit especially in tournament play.

Since I’ve navigated away from bankroll and started using a monthly budget, my game as dramatically increased.

I just play the tournaments I want to play in - and stick to a monthly budget.

tournament winnings are just added to that monthly budget.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management