TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
tight early, more agro in mid/late positions and when blinds are higher, attempt blind steals more with mid level suited/connected hands that play well post flop.

Aleksandr Sarpov

Aleksandr Sarpov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I change my strategy 3-4 times per game. That would be more difficult to adapt to it

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always wait for a good pair !!!!!

Jester36rus

Jester36rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basic strategy will give only poor or average results, depending on other players. You need to change your strategy during tourney to fit situation and to be unpredictable for others. There is no simple and rightful strategy each tourney pretends to be unique.

Malnitruth

Malnitruth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play very, very tight in the early and middle stage. Use only monster hands to be involved. If you can, see cheap the flop with 1BB limp or wait for Blinds position to call max 2BB raise with suited connectors. Watch for the maniacs on the table and try to figure out a strategy against the other players when they left 3-4. Pay attention if they are ultra passive and when the blinds go to a levels + 100/200 you may try to steal.
Those are the basics, but as mentioned above, you've got huge resources to learn from if you want to dominate.

Something else. On the lowes buy ins at Poker stars 0.50, 1.50 you may find some random players, who are not paying attention to that rules so you may hit them early to double up.

What he said!!!

Malnitruth

Malnitruth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would also recommend going up to $5-20 players seem more entertaining there

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say tight is right and that is all..Just play very smart,strong hands and keep mind on positions. Try to not get caught in bluffs

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
type in a 9 player SNG I would play a little loose and aggressive!

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definetly watch to see who takes the early chip leads, normally there gonna push people to all in calls early and steam roll the table later. so like its been said careful in the beginning and normally 1-2 will but pretty early and u can tell who the leaders are gonna be by that first 2 bust outs

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience and aggression at the right time seems to work ok for me-I normaly play tight beginning to middle-more agro toward end even more so if I'm chip leader with 4 left

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally agree about Mossman. TA. Loosen up as game progresses. Play position

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aim to play tight early tournament, with a goal to try and get a double up or close to it in chips, and then open up in position mid-late tourney. If the table is playing loose/calling a lot, play tight late tourney. If they are playing tight, try to make some steals in position.

The rest is up to you. Good luck, padawan.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
By default you need to be tight agressive, but also don't forget to adjust to some players. There are some crazy nits playing these tourneys, you can push them around and make a lot of cents ))

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The most common strategy for SNG is to play tight in the early stages

The most common strategy for SNG is to play tight in the early stages, and then build up aggression when the blinds start to grow and the stacks become short. When the stacks become about 10 BB, it's time to play push-fold. At this time, you have almost no opportunity for postflop games, so you need to master the correct and timely placement in all-in.
This strategy is followed by most SNG-regulators. But there is another option - from the very beginning to play in loose-aggressive style, in order to quickly fill a large stack, and then not be afraid of the bubble stage and punch opponents. Such a strategy can lead to confident victories, but it is more risky, which means that such a game will be more dispersive.