55 all in ?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be read dependent for me, but this would be a call for default, better to double up and attack other players stacks.

Also if the payout is typical the risk if worth the reward of moving up the pay ladder.

Also if the bubble has just broken then alot of players loosen up dramatically so range may be wider than earlier posters have said. plus with blinds and antes in there
and the fact i think i can take advantage of a deeper stack (IMHO)

Its a call for me

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm calling here every time.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That early... it was the wrong move. If you had been last to act, then a push would have been in order.

Any raise and I wudda folded... 55 early = 1 BB only fer me.

-
Limping in for 1bb w '55' at this stage would be the worst play possible.
Buncha nits ITT. :p
That's putting it nicely. (I had other more colourful words for it, but I do believe it's against the forum rules to write them.... let's just say > %##%#&#%!!!! 'n donkeys ITT) :)
The quote from HOH Vo.2 is kinda out of context for this hand scenario imo.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm kinda wondering if the responses on here are done w/o reading thru the posts ITT? If not, then I suppose it's a good example of why Tournaments are still +ev

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant ever fold here noy sure how people are saying tough one or anything, seems very easy call. I don't like disagreeing with Pascal but I can't see with only 6 people left and 5blinds left how you can fold this in any position? I'm shoving at first spot or calling a shove. I'm with PO.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big time fold for me. i never have luck with mid-pair out of position.

"I never have luck with mid pair out of position"

So what you're saying here is that you would be calling this hand if on the button when all-in and position means nothing alpf?:eek:

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doesn't anybody here want to 'win' this tournament?:confused:

This 10times over. Wow I'd love to be at a final table with most of you lot if I can get you folding pairs with only 5 blinds left whilst I'm happy shoving ATC.

:p

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm kinda wondering if the responses on here are done w/o reading thru the posts ITT? If not, then I suppose it's a good example of why Tournaments are still +ev
You are right - I recant. After re-reading it I can say without a doubt if I am sitting there in that situation there is no doubt I am shoving 100% of the time. Not that it's a comfortable play but it is correct.
On first reading I didn't realize the guy who initiated the shove was short stacked himself which widens his range considerbly. 55 looks much better than I originally thought.