The 5 minute break

dolchinkov

dolchinkov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why break must be 5,10 or 15 minutes - maybe must be like blinds levels on 3,5,8 or12 min - I prefer something like 8 min - not too short,not too long!:tee:

T0mmmi

T0mmmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi !

I would say that 5 minutes is just right as You have enough time for what is needed and longer break could lower you concentration level or what ever...

R

racorel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes 5 minutes is ok...you have time to take a snack or something...or smoke a cigaret...i like this ideea on ps

pokertroll

pokertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like 10 minute- 5 minutes goes quick when you need to get a snack or use the bathroom.

M

mycophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 minute breaks for an hour of play seems a bit much. 5 minutes seems just right to me, though I think other sites should adopt Full Tilt's "I'm Ready" option, at least for final tables and/or SnG's.

W

winningpoker

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The break should be compulsory .... 5 minutes break is correct time .... so we can get ready for next round....

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The important thing about breaks and the best change that ever happened back in the day is when they all made them coordinated.
A break on one tourney was not good when the other ones you were playing was still in process. It was like betamax and VHS but that is a different story and we all have different stories. :)

B

brokenlung911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minute break is about right only hate it when couple of players are left in the tourney but other wise it's all good

whowantwhat

whowantwhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only long enough to take a piss or grab another soda lol

S

Superman2102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the stakes of the tournament. I think the higher the stakes, the longer the break should be. For instance in say freerolls, most people aren't too too invested in that tournament and are just trying to start a quick bankroll, so the short 5 minute break works perfectly. People don't have too big of a problem of folding a few hands in there if they have to do something. However in higher stakes tournaments, having a little more time could be beneficial to get food, bathroom, etc so you don't have to miss any gametime. Also, 5 minutes isn't even really long enough to do much of anything really other than stare at the screen and watch the countdown to make sure you don't miss anything! Just my 2 cents

razshahan

razshahan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 min break is ok, but i think for long tourneys, a 15 min break can be provided every 3/4 hours...:)

stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of the time i hate the break, especially because when i need to eat something i take my notebook with me, and going to the bathroom is allright, i lose about 2 hands and don't really care.

but 5 minutes is ok... no more than that pls

S

shawkid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the first hour should be a 5 minutes break. The second hour should be 10 minutes.

O

oreska7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 min break is optimal in my opinion...just enough time to grab a bite :)

C

ChipsOwnerRO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Five minutes break is enough for everybody to drink or eat something or go to the bathroom. I don't think more break (10-15 minutes) will help us because we don't have what to do in this time.Current break (5 minutes) is very good.It is not short, but in the same time it is not too long.

tARsh

tARsh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I advocate 5 every hour for the start I would love to see longer breaks deeper in some tours, however for anyone playing any sort of volume synchronized breaks are a requisite.
So 5 mins every hour on sync is a good walk of the time line overall.

LuckyBundy13

LuckyBundy13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IDK if anyone mentioned this or not but the break is designed to give your eyes a rest. I'm sure looking at a screen for 60 plus minutes will put a strain on your eyes.

Considering the fact that I don't like to play on an empty stomach, I eat before I play so I don't have to think about food. Taking a leak or taking a dump :toilet: is a given, don't hurt your body. For those that say they have no use for these 5 minutes and it's too long...you're doing it wrong.

M

mishamishasochi88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a break of 10 minutes would be just right. 5 minutes is not enough to leisurely brew some coffee, and not constantly looking at his watch with pleasure to smoke a cigarette.

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it should be around 30 minutes brake.

M

MichaelFoerster

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is the enough time to refresh your self and starting your game again. According to me it is enough time for natures call as well as keeping your self relaxed. The best thing is your mind is still on the game because of less time, so I think 5 min is enough and right.

akran75

akran75

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i never play tournamnets with more than 5 min break.. i play on stars,fulltilt,unibet,poker 770,,and more..and i never seen more than 5 min ..
i think 5 minutes break is correct time,for pause,,toilet,food,drink..and more.
but,i also for break wiith 10 0r 15 min break when tournaments goo 5,or more hours.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's cool that 5 mins brakes are at the same time in almoust all rooms. Only Ongame network didnt join the rest if I know well.
5 mins is enough and it isnt too long. I think it's ok. :)

K

kadison728

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaks

I prefer 5 minute breaks. I just wish my friends felt the same way when we play. They like to smoke cigarrettes and it takes them forever. We also dont time breaks which makes it tough

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is just enough to smoke a cigaret. Most of the time i go smoke a cig and then i have to start playing again. I think 15 minutes is nice, but a 15 minute break shouldn't be there every 45 minutes. 20-30 minute break every 3 hours would nice. Lose your mind, just enough time to watch a fun soouth park episode! Then focus on poker again.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well 5 minutes is what it is so i try get everything needed for the next 55 minutes. have you ever been on a table that you have played a hand into the break time im sure we all have and end up with 3 and 1/2 minutes left of the break. on some sites ive noticed that there 5 minutes was more like 4 or less lol. its amazing how much stuff you can get done in 5 minutes.