natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
5 minutes is just right for online.

It gives you enough time for whatever needs to be done, bathroom, get snack / drink, let dog out, "quicky", (for a guy).

There should be an option, that works, on the final table. If all players are ready to play, then game can continue before the full 5 minutes is up.

20 minutes is good for live.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For online, 5 minutes works. If you are paying attention and there are still a lot of tables in play, you can figure out when the break is going to start and leave before the hand concludes (assuming you have already folded) and then the break will wind up being 7-8 minutes, depending on how long it takes all the other tables to finish the current hand. Once a tourney is down to the final table or two, I would prefer not to do a break at all.

strodawg

strodawg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel that the 5 min break is a nuance most of the time because of the fact I have a laptop. I understand desktops need it but I find it come in the wrong times like when I sign in to a late registration as soon as I get in it comes up... ughhh! or when I notice its coming and I get a good hand and end up loosing half my stack to a donk trying to double up or get out.

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 min synchronized break every 2 hours will be good enough.. You don't need to go pee every hour and sure you can stand up and move your body while playing unless you are playing like 20 tables :)

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 min synchronized break every 2 hours will be good enough.. You don't need to go pee every hour :)
Oh yes I do!

Wait till you get to my age and then you'll see. :D

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh I think the break is just fine .
I personally could do without the break online .
Live it is nice to have the break but online I can get up and stretch grab a drink,whatever and not miss a hand anyways.

S

sotakid80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think its great, i play on bovada for the most part and only thing i dont like is that they dont sync the breaks. i like all the tables to break at 55 or 00 on the hr. hate to play in more then one, and then you dont get a true break.

W

wllstps

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Tip for you about the break and when you have nothing to do... START SMOKING!!!! xD Just Kidding, but for me every break its for a pee and a fast smoke! Sometimes not only just tobbaco xD anyway, start smoking and you wont get bored :p

JustDestined

JustDestined

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to go outside and have a smoke on break so 5 minutes is good for that but if I want to grab a drink too then I need a few more minutes. For me a little longer would be great.

W

wllstps

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 min synchronized break every 2 hours will be good enough.. You don't need to go pee every hour and sure you can stand up and move your body while playing unless you are playing like 20 tables :)

I agree with you, 5 min its just good enough, gives me time to go pee, smoke and grab something to eat, so its about right :) GOOD GRINDS :D

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea 5 minutes isnt that bad but I would prefer it to be 10 minutes! If im in a MTT and have been playing for 4 or 5 hours and have to take my dog out it sucks knowing im probably going to miss the first few hands after the break!

DarkRoster33

DarkRoster33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 min breaks are great to smoke, and if i don't want to do anything in this break those are only 5 min, so no problem anyhow ;P

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the 5 minutes break, because at poker you have to be concentrate and a I welcome the break every hour. And also I can smoke a cigarette during the break. In my opinion 5 minutes is a very good time period for the break. It's not to long and you have the time to make something essential during the break, and at full tilt poker for example you have also the time during the last round till the break starts what I also welcome. I always remember that I have something to do at the break when I'm playing poker.

P

poika02

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
15 minutes better

5 minutes is nothing, especially when nerds have on the table! Least 15 minutes for me.

Faust

Faust

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion it depends. The breaks should be progressively longer, meaning with this that the first break should be shorter than the second and this should be shorter than the third.

Breaks often distract so in that sense i think that 5 minutes are good to relax and resume to the game with your head clear and still focused. This time could extend to 10 minutes and shouldn't involve a problem.

K

Kibic1302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is sufficient break, though sometimes longer tournaments would prefer such a break every 2 hours, 15 minutes. :)

kidmeister

kidmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's perfect for me to run to the kitchen grab a drink and something to snack on

X

xEnder

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not a fan

I seem to always be ready to go and the break is just in the way. I'd like them to add a "I'm ready button" that if everyone clicks the break will just end.. Didn't party poker used to have something like that (way back when)?

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general a 5 minute break is okay for me but I would also welcome a 20 minute break every 3 hours for tourneys that go on for a few hours.

P

pokertrack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 minute is fine, me get time to coffee.

Martinez

Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Five minutes at the beginning and middle of tourneys is ok, but if playing and going deep in one, I would really appreciate a 10 min break.
I know it's not possible but still !!!.

S

Swickster007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is barely enough time to for me to step out and smoke a cig, let alone get a drink and/or use the restroom at the same time. I have to plan out my breaks very carefully lol

O

onlinenat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 5 mins is plenty of time. Most of the time I'm griping because there is any break at all.

zjohnzzz

zjohnzzz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is enough time do look forward to it specially if im drinkin coffee lol

trekmaster

trekmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the blind structure and the projected time of how long the tour will last. 5 minutes is good for tour that are under three hours long but when you get into tours that are 6 or 8 hours or longer maybe 5 minutes for two breaks then every third break having a 20 minute break would be a good thing.