3AM just finished Paradise tourny

Alon Ipser

Alon Ipser

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
Just got done playing the last of the 3 $20K tournies at Paradise. Finished 177th, 27 out of the money. I probably could have made the money if I had got conservative but was looking finish high. Last hand I caught an AQ suited and bet 2X the blind. The guy to my left was table chip leader and went all in which he had been doing a lot. I called and he flipped a 34 and I was thinking YES!!!!!!! but the poker gods were not smiling on me and he caught 3 on the flop and I was done. I guess it was justice though because I had caught a 3 earlier to make a set and take somebody else out. I would have liked to play a little bit smarter game at the end but once the tourny got down to about 600 it was a constant all in fest with the expensive blinds and antes and people just trying to stay alive. I am tired and going to bed. Happy New Year everyone.

DESSERTLADY

DESSERTLADY

Legend
Total posts
Congrats on the finish Alon!
Even though it wasn't for the money sounds like you played well.(great consolation huh? sorry you didn't finish higher)

I didn't fair so well in the last one I finished out 2200 or so. I couldn't get a hand to save my life at all.
Now the second one I faired alot better I finished at 305th place.
I killed my own stack limping in on the button with a A 10os and the BB had AK flop came AxK I donked that hand and shorted myself. I was sitting around 13,000 chips or so not too long before that. :( I looked at tournament lobby at one time and after I had my table chip lead I was sitting at 58th place when I had my 13,000 or so but not for long. It was late in the second hour. Oh well next time.
I like Paradise but man I wish for the old days when they only allowed 2500-3000 players. Geeze I hope they don't do the Prima thing and allow 10,000.:eek: that would really sux!

~~Shelynn~~

~~Shelynn~~

Legend
Total posts
Congratulations Alon on a good finish. I was like DessertLady finished in about same area,no cards and when I did get them they buried me! LOL I also done better in the other one I played got down to 229 and bombed out with the A's over K's to 4-6's,my luck. Those were rough tourneys. Still had a good time trying. I'm the same way bring back the old days.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Total posts
Awards
Nice finish Al>> i finished 1054 in the 7pm EST one. Cant concentrate at night after i take my Meds. LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>> buck:)

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Total posts
Congrats on the excellent finish! Sorry you didn't make the money, though, especially the way you were beaten. Ah well, poor luck on that one.

I crapped out at 2929 in the first Paradise tourney and had to miss the other two because I decided I'd rather spend New Year's Eve in the hospital emergency room (ahem). Did alright in the earlier royal vegas freeroll but didn't make the money -- went out 63 of 2500 and only 50 cashed. Like you, I could have been more conservative toward the end and shown a small profit, but that's water under the bridge.

Happy new year everyone! :)

C

cdsmith69

Rising Star
Total posts
u dd better than me although i was chip leader in the 2nd 1 for a whole 5 min lol ,only cause i called 3 allins on 1st hand with my a10 suited caught A on the eiver, othewise i was out in the 3000 area.on the other 2