3-bet with AK in tournaments

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I particularly 3-bet with some of the AK I have in my hands, but I do it in some situations, for example when I'm willing to go all-in with few blinds, if I'm a player who's opening a lot of hands I like to make the 3 -bet.

on the bubble I like to just call and play in position, if the opponent has more chips than me, but if he has less chips I 3-bet, at the final table I also like to just call a few bets trying to hold some positions of prizes, if there are others with less chips than me.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
3bet holding AK is a good betting choice, adjusting it to each case. For example if I get an AK suited and I win, and then comes another AK, I would be more skeptical to 3bet again.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will pretty much 3bet every time I have AK. Its a great hand and I dont mind if they fold for the insta win or call to inflate the pot. What does seem odd to me is the players who will 4 and 5 bet jam 150 or 200+ BB in the pot preflop. WHile getting into a larger pot is OK going all in eealy you are very likly behind and gambling when you do that.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would most likely 3 bet with ak in most cases and even 4 bet if im deep stacked. also i would usually shove preflop if i have a low stack ( 25 or 20 bb left).

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is not pocket AA)), it all depends on the position and your stack, even with a large stack with AK, you do not need to play a 3-bet pattern in every similar situation, for example, if several players entered the bank in front of you, then you need to bet a lot, for example, 10-bet, because the more players the less power AK hands, well, with a short stack of 20bb, this is of course all-in.

M

melbru88888

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i 3 bet almost in every situatio with ak

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in tournaments i will ALWAYS 3 bet with AK

you should do it so you wont play against multiple people in the pot

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I think people tend to 3bet more AA KK QQ so sometimes 3bettin Ak on a dry flop i win many pots just by c betting.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i 3bet AK is most cases cause it´s a very premium hand.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on my situation in the tournament, how many chips I am and how the table is playing, but usually it is 3bet.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that AK is quite a strong hand, but this is not a ready pair and we must remember that we will only get a pair on the flop in one hand out of three. Therefore, by playing 3 bet, you can finish the game ahead of schedule even preflop. Calling with AK is justified when you have a big raise in front of you or the stack depth does not allow you to play this hand too aggressively. AK is one of the premium starting hands. But that doesn't mean you always have to play the full stack with this hand, and I think it's a problem for many players. You should always take into account the number of opponents, their actions and the dynamics of the game preflop. And on the flop, take into account the structure of the board to play the hand as efficiently as possible.

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do 3-bet with AK every time I'm in a position. And if the stack is small I just go all-in. If the stacks are deep and I get a raise on my 3-bet, I'm more likely to just call.

Y

Yezkidder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was 3 bet every-time with AK, but when didnt hit flop its really in bad situation when i face with aggressive players, now really worrys should i 3 bet or is it better to just call and saw the flop, when multiple players calling to the pot i must 3 bet ofcourse

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main line with AK preflop should definitely be to 3-bet, but as with most things in poker there is no "always" or "never", and there can certainly be spots, where its reasonable to just call and try to see a cheap flop.

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I particularly 3-bet with some of the AK I have in my hands, but I do it in some situations, for example when I'm willing to go all-in with few blinds, if I'm a player who's opening a lot of hands I like to make the 3 -bet.

on the bubble I like to just call and play in position, if the opponent has more chips than me, but if he has less chips I 3-bet, at the final table I also like to just call a few bets trying to hold some positions of prizes, if there are others with less chips than me.
This hand can get you in trouble forsure, however if you not the betting with it you're losing lots of value. In my opinion you need to 3 bet more than 50% of the time. Now all ins I'm folding alot but also calling enough. That depends if I know how plays play or not.

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if it's a heads up all-in. if the game starts then 3bet or 4bet depends on the position

M1n1GuN777

M1n1GuN777

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don’t even know, personally I take into account factors such as the number of players and hand history. As for me, if they fell out two or more times in a row, then I put only the big blind, and then according to the situation. It is unlikely that AK will often fall on the table.

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always 3bet your AK preflop, always.