2013 WSOP ME Satty - Advice

C

cander128

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was unable to track the 4/28 two seat guarantee but 4 tickets and $10k for fifth is what was paid. It appears late entries did good this time around. Players 145 and 134 won tickets and 116 won the 10k, with a total of 149 entries 145 had to be near end of late reg.

One other thing to consider is late registration is open longer the more seats guaranteed.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^this. I have won seats in online satties to live events many times. Although it ought to be the same mathematically, my experience is that it feels a heck of a lot easier to be in the top 10 of a big field than to win outright in a smaller one.
I think it probably depends on how good your shorthanded play is.

Personally I prefer smaller fields (and if at all possible 6-max table structures).

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today is the day. Satellite is starting in a few minutes.

Wish me luck! :cool:

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good luck much run good your way. Who are you so one might rail you.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I am out. 200th (there is still late registration though).

Very disappointing. I just got dealt crap, and did the best I could.

I ended up shoving 3200 (slightly above 10 BB's) into 2800 pot Q-J-9 two spades giving me the nut flush draw. I got check/called byA-Jo (the original raiser), and my flush did not hit. It was about 35%of his stack to make the call.

I really thought I would be able to do better. I will try again next year I suppose.

MTT's have alot of variance. I played well, and did not make many mistakes. However, if you can't get cards, you can't win. Oh well.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how did you end up with and SPR of 1 on the flop?

A

A9ofHearts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing good is whats important. Getting to the main event and not playing good wouldn't be much better, although the trip and everything would be nice. I have heard that busting out of the main event is the most depressing moment in a poker players career.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how did you end up with and SPR of 1 on the flop?

I assume you are asking how did the pot end up being the size it was, making a shove about pot size....

UTC +1 raise to 3x, I call, both blinds call ( I think, but it's been a while now). It was a multi way pot.

WSOP