2 players before you go all in and you have AK

A

AnCarolina19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a very complicated question, and the answers much depends on what people think.
I'll tell my opinion, it really is a bit difficult to pay. But it is one of the best hands in pre flop, better only AA, KK and QQ. All other a maximum of 50 go to a 50, I think one should always call an all in, even with two people.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My head tells me to fold but my heart is telling me to call. I would probably call.

B

Beavmunk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would ship it in if it was a turbo since you only have 15BB but if it was 15 or 20 min blinds and your other two opponents are tight players I would probably fold.

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
need to fold because of this
position can be equated with
the ladies kings and aces. Ten
more against two аll in call not
be profitable

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends which tournament play, what's at stake ... I think it's too early to allin and I also think that the dealer is trying to steal the blinds (just do not understand why, they are still small). I think I paid.

EA2USN

EA2USN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hallo pokerplayers,

I have a situation; player 1 on the cut off has 645 money, player 2 on the button has 1230 money and you are in the big blind with AK off, and you have 955 left. They both go all in. The blinds are 30/60. What would be the best thing to do?

Gr.

It's play money what does it matter shove it

S

samsquanch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sharing a card

If they are going all in like that you can assume that one of them has an A or K of some sort thus reducing your outs. I would fold that one.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need more information,playing style of players, blinds, early tournament or bubble, there are a lot of other reasons to make right choise.

the_wonk

the_wonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got to gamble here imo. Opener has 7 orbits left so he should be reasonably wide in LP and button should be considering that.

Depths change everything of course.

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here you just need to go all in, as the first player can go with a very wide range of hands, and the second just goes all John to scare you with a mediocre hand strength.

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If all went in front of me and I have a Ollin AK then I will most likely fold. Too much competition and I don't even have a ready-made pair.

joker131

joker131

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i fold player 1 must have some sort off good pair, why would he shove his stack for steeling the blinds 30/60. player 2 cant be isolating and must also have a ready made hand to chance half his stack.

L

love that omaha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone who thinks about folding AK with 15 bb should be barred from poker - lol. Seriously though, do you just get dealt so many premium hands that you can pick and choose among them - If you had say 35 bb then maybe you have a decision, but this is the hand you have to win pots with to win tourneys - pure and simple - I have folded it once recently when I had 45k a guy open ships for 60k and no one else at table even had 25k in chips - he did turn out to have KK and took out one of the short stacks. That being said 99 times out of 100 I call regardless of bb ratio unless I have a real read on an opponent - on a side note I am noticing a lot of players open shipping KK and AA is this the new trend?

F

felting

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With 15bb I puke, shove, and check for the next tourney while the site deals 85s two pair.

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold if your deep

AK is only Ace high drawing hand if there are 2 all in before you and yuou are deep or near the bubble i fold if it is early in a rebuy I might push myself.
I usually will fold a drawing hand to an all in bet unless I know the guy pushing is a PNP player or very agressive
PNP = push and pray

C

ChitChat5

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It kind of depends on the players and the game, but majority of the time if I haven't invested more than the blind and I'm not short stacked then I'm going to fold. It's early and surely you'll run into better spots to accumulate chips later.

TomLeach

TomLeach

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It kind of depends on the players and the game, but majority of the time if I haven't invested more than the blind and I'm not short stacked then I'm going to fold. It's early and surely you'll run into better spots to accumulate chips later.

What spots are you likely to be in where you can triple up?

K

Karametric

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as others have said, depends on a billion factors.

Is the first player really agressive? This matters not only in determining whether or not they have a had but what the second player is seeing if they made a call.

If the first player is loose, the second player can easily call him with AK-A10 and feel pretty confident. Call here.

If he is tight, expect at least one of them to have either a pocket pair or a monster. if you are lucky the monster is QQ. you will likely be behind here, or coinflip. I'd probably fold here since you have time to find other hands.

mendiolacubicle

mendiolacubicle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have less than 20 BI i'd ship it and pray not for a titanic ending. BUT if i have 20 BI and above i'd rather fold (but it is always different while in game!)

Y

YouPay4MyCrack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd call unless you are close to the cash bubble, based on those blinds and your stacks looks like this was very early game.

O

oooo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd fold, AK will come back in aproximatly 199 hands later. But seriously, I would fold that hand and stay in the game (considering its a tournament or SNG).

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on the situation but of course if you play for high stakes in most cases it is necessary to reset.

LinkornU

LinkornU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To make a decision you need to have more information than this. I would call if it were a low buy-in tournament and I knew my opponents were not extremely tight.

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can decide to take risks and go all-in in worst case they will ripp you off shoving pairs and you will be eliminated.. in better case you will get ones partial stake of chips and the other will be eliminated :)