$10,000 Freeroll at Cakepoker!

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're in great shape to make the money. If you want to "go for it", quad the big blind(pre flop) when you feel you have the best of it, speed on the turn, and brake on the river(you want them to see your cards). Hopefully your hand stands up and they see you have the "nuts" alot. They'll fear you and things will get real interesting for you then. Then change it in the next hour and push the river(they have to pay money to see it).

I bet 4Aces07 didn't get to where he was by playing your method. If I had the nuts alot I would still be playing.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That sucks! My trip Aces got beat by a straight on the river.....Knocked out in 160ish...

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im gone - 104th

pushed with pkt 7s hit the flop making my set

but the A5 that called me also was enjoying watching the 234 arrive on the board last card was of no use so $20 was mine.

Hit some cracking cards along the way and felt as though i could have been onto a biggy but 104/4000 musnt grumble i suppose....but, if only :D

Night all im tired now :)

A

amay537

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's 80 people left and im in second place with 250,000 chips...chippleader has 260,000. Wish me Luck!

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im gone - 104th

pushed with pkt 7s hit the flop making my set

but the A5 that called me also was enjoying watching the 234 arrive on the board last card was of no use so $20 was mine.

Hit some cracking cards along the way and felt as though i could have been onto a biggy but 104/4000 musnt grumble i suppose....but, if only :D

Night all im tired now :)

Well done on your finish!!

There's 80 people left and im in second place with 250,000 chips...chippleader has 260,000. Wish me Luck!

GL!! Im in 8th place, there are 66 left!! :D

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im out 19th and i won $60. I had like 8 big blinds and pushed with KJ, but i ran into KQ.

gg all...

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess you were the last hope for a CC at the final table. Congratulations on the top half percent, though. I tried to look at the final table but Cake said too many are watching. :icon_porc

B

bigtex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You must have taken bigtex's suggestions to heart. :icon_porc

I merely gave an opinion, whether he used it or not was up to him, but why would you attack someone for the advice they've given. If you disagree, then explain why and let's debate it as mature human beings.

Like I said before, I haven't played a freeroll in awhile, but I felt if I was in his position, I would do like I stated.

By the way, what games do you play and for what stakes on full tilt? I'm very interested to hear your reply.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I merely gave an opinion, whether he used it or not was up to him, but why would you attack someone for the advice they've given. If you disagree, then explain why and let's debate it as mature human beings.

Like I said before, I haven't played a freeroll in awhile, but I felt if I was in his position, I would do like I stated.

By the way, what games do you play and for what stakes on full tilt? I'm very interested to hear your reply.

I didn't attack you, I just suggested that your advice was less than optimal. And, in the middle of a tournament is not the place to change to an unpracticed strategy. I did alude to an error in one post where you said, "Hopefully your hand stands up and they see you have the "nuts" alot." If you have the nuts, your hand is unbeatable and is guaranteed to stand up. Nobody gets the nuts alot. Sometimes we just get winning hands more frequently than others.

Recently I have played $0.50/$1.00 limit, $1 to $5 SnGs of various sizes, $1 to $5 MTTs and, of course, Cardschat freerolls. And why is this significant?

B

bigtex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't attack you, I just suggested that your advice was less than optimal. And, in the middle of a tournament is not the place to change to an unpracticed strategy. I did alude to an error in one post where you said, "Hopefully your hand stands up and they see you have the "nuts" alot." If you have the nuts, your hand is unbeatable and is guaranteed to stand up. Nobody gets the nuts alot. Sometimes we just get winning hands more frequently than others.

Recently I have played $0.50/$1.00 limit, $1 to $5 SnGs of various sizes, $1 to $5 MTTs and, of course, Cardschat freerolls. And why is this significant?

When I referred to the "nuts", I meant best hand( not necessarily what would be the best hand). He would want his opponent to see he plays strong cards and that way in the next hour when I was saying he should push the river and make them pay to see it, he could bluff alot when he misses(as blinds are growing bigger).

The reason I asked what games and what stakes you play, is because our philosophy is probably quite different. As stakes increase, so does your outlook on the game.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"The Nuts" is a specific term meaning the best hand available with the cards displayed, not just the best of those played. And, as I said, if I had winning hands alot, I would have still been in it. I still contend that the middle of a tournament is not the place to change to untried tactics. At that point the blinds were already significant and the next hour would, in all likelyhood, be past the end of the tournament.

That freeroll, with 4000 players and a $10,000 prize pool, is equivalent to a $2.50 buy-in MTT.

B

bigtex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"The Nuts" is a specific term meaning the best hand available with the cards displayed, not just the best of those played. And, as I said, if I had winning hands alot, I would have still been in it. I still contend that the middle of a tournament is not the place to change to untried tactics. At that point the blinds were already significant and the next hour would, in all likelyhood, be past the end of the tournament.

That freeroll, with 4000 players and a $10,000 prize pool, is equivalent to a $2.50 buy-in MTT.

Trust me, I understand the term "the nuts", you took it quite literally, I guess I need to watch the way I phrase things from now on, huh? As far as changing tactics in the middle of a game or tournament, you'll soon find out, that that is precisely what you're going to have to do as you move up in the money ranks. Your competition is going to increase and you are going to have to adjust accordingly. No two ways about it. If you don't, you'll be stuck at .50/1.00 limit, 1 and 5 SnG's for the rest of your life. Basically, if you enter a tournament and say "this is the way I'm going to play and I'm not going to change" then you're in trouble. You've already limited your game and become one dimensional.

As far as the blinds went, that was why I asked what the chip average was and where they were in the tournament. I had no clue where the blinds were at that point. I wasn't watching it.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't deny that changing tactics is necessary, just not changing to somebody else's tactics.

I knew you were going to get around to saying I knew nothing because of the limits I was playing. Now who is attacking?

I'm done with this thread.

Last edited:
F

fatnestor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
damn i signed up but had to help my brother in law and i couldn't give him a good reason to turn him down so i missed it , hopefully they will have another one soon

eaglelite

eaglelite

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They were still registering 30 minutes after open. Far cry from FTP 2700 player freerolls where you have to have your mouse poised to register or it is full. :icon_porc

Too true, when you got dial up like me you have to sit hoping and praying that you were fast enough.

Anyway has it started yet couldn't download in time, are you gonna post here when it starts or start another thread

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO MADE IT

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im out 19th and i won $60. I had like 8 big blinds and pushed with KJ, but i ran into KQ.

gg all...

Well done Aces nice going :congrats: :)

And also Amay - i think i was next to you as the bubble was hovering :)