You're the villian with top pair/weak kicker facing my all-in CR on turn

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Game #10995090611: Tournament #55752823, $1.00+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2007/07/17 - 21:22:17 (ET)
Table '55752823 1' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: Emperor IX (1510 in chips)
Seat 2: the@nswer21 (3905 in chips)
Seat 3: mokkster14 (1180 in chips)
Seat 4: xxnt95xx (2515 in chips)
Seat 7: Jacra (1375 in chips)
Seat 9: FloryD7 (3205 in chips)
FloryD7: posts small blind 25
Emperor IX: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Emperor IX [???]
FloryD7 said, "?"
the@nswer21: folds
mokkster14: folds
xxnt95xx: folds
Jacra: calls 50 (Tc Qs)
the@nswer21 said, "black byrd"
FloryD7: folds
Emperor IX: checks
*** FLOP *** [4h Qc 6h]
the@nswer21 said, "lol"
Jacra: bets 150
Emperor IX: calls 150
*** TURN *** [4h Qc 6h] [5s]
mokkster14 said, "yes he smells"
Jacra: bets 300
Emperor IX: raises 1010 to 1310 and is all-in
Jacra: ???

C

Chookes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a hand I find very difficult to read but this is what I think you have. He raises you after the flop and you call. I would put you on a heart flush draw at this point and I would think my Queens were good. I would fold my queens after the turn because of the straight possibility. It's a good raise that there's no way Jacra is winning. He could be beaten by so many hands, AQ, KQ, the straight. You could have been slow playing a set and then betting out when you think the straight might be out for your opponent. I would fold in that situation and move on if I was him.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
jacra should fold there , but thats the problem i have , nobody does what they're supposed too . lol . esp. in a dollar tourney. so...... he called and lost right ? im mean you had the straight right ? you cant bluff many people in those cause they arent reading the board , they just know they got high pr and arent even worried about the kicker.thats why ive been playing ring games , they dont mind going all in on top pr weak kicker with a straight possibilty on board. you can get the nuts on the flop and not scare many off,even if you bet it.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A fold is possible, he's left with 875. Of course there is no way he should be in this situation. Table is 6-handed so if he wants to limp with QT from the button that's fine, part of my strategy in shorthanded games is to see more flops in position. But why bet 150 in a 125 pot on the flop, and then bet another 300 on the turn after you called the flop bet?

I'd fold because I'd be worried you have 2 pair, I can't put you on a straight (you better not have it) because the shove means you played it poorly, you should rather let him hang himself instead of giving a chance to fold. The bottom line is that this pot should have not cost him this much, its the usual mistake of building a big pot w/o having a strong hand, so even if he could suspect you're making a move and he might have the best hand, he now has to give it up because he put himself in a spot where he just can't make this call.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good call JE

Jacra: calls 875 and is all-in
*** RIVER *** [4h Qc 6h 5s] [6d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Emperor IX: shows [Qd 6s] (a full house, Sixes full of Queens)
Jacra: shows [Tc Qs] (two pair, Queens and Sixes)
Emperor IX collected 2775 from pot

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hehehe, glad it wasn't a straight or I'd be going crazy on your arse lol for shoving when you had him drawing dead. Good job, you took advantage of him overbetting and nailed him with the check/raise all-in, getting max value for it. Well done sir.