Would you pay for an All In in the final stretch of a tournament with a stop of jj?

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If it was heads up at the final table? Hell yes! In situations otherwise I would have to consider a crap load of things before making that call.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't call, the opponent is second in chips if you lose the hand it will be very short so I would fold

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If I see correctly it's only 20BB. Snap call unless you have a read he is a super-nit.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If I were in this delicate situation, I would really wait for a situation that would surely give me an advantage, I wouldn't risk half my stack for a hand that could be anything.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if it's a final table, I think this is a fold. there are a lot of short stacks, especially with blinds increasing soon.

you're 2nd in stack size and I don't think the chipev risk is worth it at this point. the fake chips you are risking to gain aren't worth the real money value you'll give up if you lose this hand or bust out, as sb could have a big hand and get it in.

I don't think calling here is bad, if that's what others want to do. however, I base my decision in this spot on icm and not chipev.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The JJ are pair that you can go all in, but if the read of the game allows it. At that final run of the game, every good hand and especially the strong pairs are very welcome!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Probably yes. I think I would be willing to take a chance with a hand like that at the final table. This is not a bad chance and such a moment should not be lost. Anyway, this is poker and luck decides a lot here :)

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I see correctly it's only 20BB. Snap call unless you have a read he is a super-nit.
I agree, of course it all depends on the opponent who is all-in and on the dynamics at the table, but in most cases in such depth it is a call.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When people open jam for 20BB, they usually have a capped range, because AA, KK and even QQ wants action and raise small. Most commenly this is going to be a middling pair like 77-JJ or AK. And for that reason this is a great spot to call with JJ. A lot of the time you will be a 4:1 favourite, and the rest of the time you will usually have 55% equity against AK. Which is also fine, especially when its not for all your chips. Unless of course if SB exactly wakes up with a hand and decide to overcall. This will suck, but he has QQ+ 1,5% of the time, which is to rare to worry about it.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it would be fold, it will depend on the particular situation, many other concepts are evaluated.

Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I wouldn't pay in this situation that was posted

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So If I understand correctly, out of 1290 players 40 left and we're standing 2nd place.

In this case I'm calling, we most likely make a flipping move or ahead to many. Other stack sizes and the number of players at the table really helping this move as well, this jam-call is totally okay.

Rickyrihari

Rickyrihari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
Definitely not. While its possible the outstanding 2 jj's might appear on the flop, just as easily as easily as 3 of a kind, for any other player holding the fourth.
A pair of Jack's is not convincing enough for me personally; to proceed to throw "All In."

SES Inc.

SES Inc.

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Jacks get beat every day. No way I would give up everything for a beatable pair.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Jacks get beat every day. No way I would give up everything for a beatable pair.
Every hand gets beaten every day and he is not giving up everything but he is setting himself good for deeper play. Fortune favors the brave!

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This hand would also result in a call for me too in this situation.
It could be a bit of a problem if the other big chip (275,025) goes all-in, but I'll have to think about that when the situation comes to that.

Amigodzzz

Amigodzzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
JJ is just a small pair , in this case you need to fold your JJ AND YOU ARE CHIPLEADER you have nothin to loose , 53.91 % against AK AQs to win but we all now bad bit can smach your face ahahahha you will regret to play it , best way is folding and go out smell some flowers ahahahahahaha

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call. if its your entire stack i would fold if there is more than 2 people calling.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I would definitely discard the JJ card because if I press a call and there are so many people behind me and someone else has a strong card and he goes into the hand, we will already have 3 people and then definitely someone has an older hand and one over card will fall out and I'll lose the entire stack why is it when I go 2 it's better to discard and that's it, but if I were left 1-1 then I would press call

F

fgy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Oppy's hand is at least AK or better. Our seat is comfortable and we don't need to take risks, especially since there is an opponent with a larger stack behind us and we can just fly out.It's better to wait for a better occasion

jasioo

jasioo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
In my opinion you should fold
You have 2nd stack and chip leader is on SB, so if he goes all-in it is very likely that you will lose, and you only have middle pair and two outs.