would you make this call

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
was playing in a $20 tournament on stars and we were on the bubble and i had about 30bbs and ace(H) king(d) on the button so i raised and got a call from the small blind and the big blind folded the flop was jack(S) king(h) 10(s) i bet 3 bbs and he calls the turn was a 9(s) and i continued for another 8.5 bbs and he called the river was another king(s) giving me trips but also completing a flush i checked and he shoved i folded eventually but what would you have done

K

Karametric

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't call it. I've done it before and lost many times.

And there are two hands you need to worry about: He might be slowplaying the king high straight

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you checked and he shoved if you`re the button and he is the small blind,he must act first,not you ...

tazer

tazer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to fold here. Any spade beats you and being on the bubble you can't take the risk. Just as PCK said though, you have last action if you are button and he is SB.

C

Casthaneda

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you checked and he shoved if you`re the button and he is the small blind,he must act first,not you ...

Its the new version of fast holdem, seats are reshuffled between streets of the hand (they should make that, it would be fun)

J

JamesMoroski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have given up on the turn he could have KQ in which case your already drawing to a chop also on the bubble with 30 bigs your gonna cash most likely now if youre in the money i would call.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best line game turn pot control check and river check/call....

In you situation only call in river, villain not very often will have flush, mostly trips or two pair...

T

Tgen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it would be better if you could give us some stats on villain , anyway i dont think sets or AQ are big part of his range once he calls the turn , there is still some chance of a slowplay but its rare for someone to slowplay you OOP in this texture and stack size , river is not an easy decision , it could be a bluff , kQ etc , i think its a call but its close.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tricky one, but he would make me fold too with that move...Don't sure if that's right thing to do tho :/

LinkornU

LinkornU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold too. You didn't mention the size of your raise though. I hope that you still was able to earn some money 'cause it seems like you lost almost all of your chips from that hand.