Would you have played this the same way as I did?

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacks:
* MP2 with 1745
* CO with 1260
* BTN with 2225
* SB with 2305
* BB with 2820
* UTG with 1635
* MP1 with 1510

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds: 25/50
Site: pokerstars
* * Dealt to BB:T♠ 7♣
Preflop:
* * 1 players fold.
* * MP1 calls [50]
* * MP2 calls [50]
* * 1 players fold.
* * BTN calls [50]
* * SB calls [25]
* * Hero: checks
* * Total folds this street: 2
* * Potsize: 250
Flop:
* * 7♥ 9♣ 9♦
* * SB: checks
* * Hero bets [150]
* * MP1 calls [150]
* * MP2 raises 450 to 600
* * 2 players fold.
* * Hero calls [450]
* * 1 players folded.
* * Total folds this street: 3
* * Potsize: 1600
Turn:
* * 7♠
* * Hero: checks
* * 1 players fold.
* * MP2 bets [1095] [ all-in ]
* * Hero calls [1095]
* * Potsize: 3790
River:
* * 4♣
Results:
* * Hero shows a full house, Sevens full of Nines:
* * 10♠ 7♣
* * MP2 shows a full house, Nines full of Sevens:
* * J♠ 9♠
* * MP2 collected 3790 from pot

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

martygokona

martygokona

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably would have folded on the 450 raise after the flop unless you had some info on his play. A 9 or over pair would seems reasonably likely. You're getting 2.8-1 on ur money but ur probably chasing a one of two 7s for ur boat (which obviously isn't the nuts) or runner runner str8.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would of folded it with the raise to, the only way i would have called was if i was holding 9A 9K 9Q 9J, I have also bet out just like MP2 did, and i have been called on it..... But i think it was a tuff call, and even if he was bluffing some hands before this one would make it harder not to call.

R

rickydaprince

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard but you should have known from when he went all-in. Usually people wouldn't risk losing everything if they had a bad chance of winning, and that should have gave you a hint. Unlucky.

douglassf

douglassf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally I don't play with 10 7 no suited, because for me is a small hand to play, after see the flop I didn't folded this hand too with 2 pairs.

Is very crazy what I will talk, but i prefer to lose with a strong hand to the win with lotto hand....

Perhaps it would be better to leave the game after the tour.... but is it poker....

P

plainluck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not have bet after the flop. And certainly not called the raise. You can be sure someone has a nine or a higher pocket pair. Definitely a fold hand, at least after the raise.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would have folded after the flop.. villain re-raised too much for me to stay in.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After you bet the flop and get a caller, villain raises. If he was scared one of you had a 9, he would not have raised, so he must have a 9. No one is raising in that spot, without a 9 or 77. This is a fold.

lfd tricky

lfd tricky

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im pretty sure i would of folded on the raise on the flop. Even after the turn i would still have to think he had the nine.

J

Jake

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem with this hand is all in the flop. There's just no percentage in leading into a paired board with the bottom pair. Especially OOP. Especially with 4 in the hand. Especially when there's also draws out there. The only good thing that can happen is everybody folds. And that's not going to happen often. The worst thing that can happen - did.

P

pinaq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd checked post-flop, and if he had betted, I'd folded. Two pair with one of the pairs on the board is always dangerous, and it's difficult to play, especially if one is out of position.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't stack off, with a BB special.

Check the BB special.
Check, Fold that flop.
Post the next SB...

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, I don't have a problem with him betting his two pair on the flop, but after he's reraised, yeah I think he should fold and move to the next hand.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would bet out on flop, folded to reraise. Check/fold all the way down afterwards.

I would've definitely not gone broke on this hand. LOL.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Philthy.
Bet the flop, check/fold to any action after that.

Easy fold to the post flop three-bet. Any 9 or T/T+ has you crushed. And since you were the BB, a 9 is definitely in your range so if they're popping it up they're either stupid or they have you crushed.
...and even if they're stupid they can still have you crushed.

Fold and wait for greener pastures.

MP2 isn't short enough to be desperate, so if he's so eager to get chips in after you raise from lousy position with 4 live players (3 yet to act) in the hand, for heaven's sake give him credit for a hand. Your flop bet bought you all the information you needed to fold.

B

beefcake413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, after the reraise on the flop unless he's been uber agressive and bluffing a good amount should have told you that you were pretty much drawing dead. Unless something earlier in the play gave you a sign that he was pushing with AK or something like that, definitely would have folded on the flop.

DrumDemon

DrumDemon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the bet on the flop to see where you are at. However I think the re-raise should have sent a red flag up unless the villain had a tendency to do that with just over cards. With no prior information I would have folded to the re-raise. Once the turn hit it would have been somewhat hard to get away from though EXCEPT that he went all in. I really can't say if I would call at this point or not. It would really depend on my prior knowledge. I would have to have solid info that he would make moves like this to justify a call considering the action.

J

JUMPY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That flop is the single biggest leak in my game . I just can't seem to let go of these hands . With bottom pair it is easy for me . But give me an over pair and I am I almost always get stacked / busted .

I have been working very hard on plugging my leaks ... but I have some mental deficiency in regards to a flopped pair. It is killing me and my BR . My wife has started to chuckle and say " Another flopped pair " when she hears me start cursing.

That being said . I would have folded this hand with the raise by MP2 ... and who is going to three bet that in early position with the nuts ... that says weakness with neon .

POKERLOVE81

POKERLOVE81

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I would call the raise on that flop, I would just assume that someone had a 9, like A9 for exaplme.. why not people play any A...

SystEmsuX

SystEmsuX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't read the hand history, but I'm gonna say you played it fine anyway. Who am I to question Stu Ungar? (Really though, my question everything mentality has me second-guessing decisions pretty often.)

E

edge1128

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in that spot i def dont think ur 7 is good he showed that he had u beat so u just gotta fold em

P

pokerking123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
re raise was big enough that you should have folded . Also compare the size of his bet to the amount of chips he has..it is too much to risk for him also if he was bluffing.

P

Phil922

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prob would of made the same 150 bet on the flop to hoping that everyone had bigger cards, but with a call then a reraise I would fold w. hesitation. What hand can you beat here?.....nothing but a bluff.