Why does this happen to me? :(

god1419

god1419

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off, I know this isn't the proper way of doing all of this, and I should be using the History Hand Converter, but I didn't copy any of the text so I can't do that :(
Anyways, I was in a $2 two person heads up SnG on Fulltilt. I was chip leader (around 1700 chips, to his 1300). I was dealt pockets aces. Blinds were only 30/60 at this point, so I raised to 250 preflop. My opponent called.
Flop 3 6 6.
He checked, so I raised 250.
He reraised, all in.
I decided to call; he shows 6 8 suited.
Of course, nothing else comes up to help me out, and I lose the hand.
I know I played this hand wrong, but how else should I have played it?
Did I raise too much when the blinds were low?
Was I just unlucky that a raise of 250 did not make someone fold 6 8 suited?
What should I have done? I need help because I always seem to lose hands like this.
Thanks for your time. :)

H

HeroCall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still think you can find a better spot here and get away from aces unless the guy has been playing like an all in lunatic the whole game. I find when I play heads up most of the time people overbet their really good hands trying to get "paid" instead of whittling away at stacks with monsters. I mean maybe he's making a play but I really doubt it I'd say he has a 6 like 80% moving all in here and you can get away.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the type of player, that is correct. But I really don't see anything wrong with what you did preflop. that 250 raise is going to push most weak hands out (not this guy i guess). Sure like herocall said sometime these players will call if they put you on a big hand just to see what the flop brings, but those are also statistically losing players. You just got unlucky, better luck next time. btw, did you come back from 400 chips?

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you raised to much he would not have called you. with basically suited connectors he had good odds heads up. Maybe nxt time you should just push all-in. dont think he would call that

and our hero would get no value out of his hand and waste an opportunity

OP you played fine but so did you're opponent....any hand is good heads up and it was just an unfortunate situation

II mean maybe he's making a play but I really doubt it I'd say he has a 6 like 80% moving all in here and you can get away.

you don't think villian would do these with any pocket pair higher than 7's?

W

Woodyspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I agree with the jew you both played the hand fine. I mean that happens its poker.

F

FLA REDNECK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would of at least raised 500 or went allin cause there are alot of BINGO players out they like to match cards if u know what i mean

N

ncmtngirl79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just got to learn to fold them. Hard but even though you have five hundred invested, it's early you have plenty of time and small enough blinds to even walk away for a second, grab a smoke, shot of liquor, then come back and rebuild your stack. It happens. Good luck to you!

S

sta123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
result oriented responses imo, i never fold here

vincemcnabb

vincemcnabb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was really nothing you could've done to stop what happened...I mean he shouldn't have called that preflop, then got really lucky on the flop. You had to believe your hand was good after that flop

orangecat

orangecat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You gambled and lost. :( The best way to play tourney poker is patiently and aggressively when you have a hand. I think you should have picked a better time to commit your stack. You have to believe peeps sometimes when they make a jab at the pot. and with a pair on the board its a fold :)

Control the game.....Pick and choose your spots dont let others pick 4 u.

JupeZ

JupeZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know the correct play is to fold here and wait for better oppertunity to bust out ure opponent. But id play the same hand same way :/

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand Histories are automatically stored on FullTilt. Go to My Computer, search for FullTilt, open program files, hand histories. They are labeled by date (20080806) and game. You can just copy and paste a HH instead of using the converter.