Who should or shouldn't be in this hand?

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never seen this before in my life.. push and catch 3 limpers calling.
Yes I know its early.. no doubt there.. I figured at best 1-2 limpers but 3?? Anybody care to guess what everyone had for a hand??
Then talk about pot commited.. I thought about a re-raise to 300 but that wouldn't have worked either. So once we guess and what nots.. lol tell me I shouldn't have done this so early. I did figuring at best to bring 1-2 limpers and take my chances but not 3... I will show the results in a bit..

Reminds me of a freeroll and it wasn't a $2.00 MTT..

Table: 2 (real money) Seat #7 is the dealer
Seat 1 - TRENTON0 ($1500 in chips)
Seat 2 - KENT_WKU12 ($1080 in chips)
Seat 3 - MISDERIVER ($950 in chips)
Seat 4 - CROOKS3434 ($1400 in chips)
Seat 5 - RIVERDAWG17 ($1480 in chips)
Seat 6 - LCF23 ($2740 in chips)
Seat 7 - ROCK542 ($1390 in chips)
Seat 8 - CRISS001 ($1480 in chips)
Seat 9 - TWIZZYBOP ($1480 in chips)
CRISS001 - Posts small blind $10
TWIZZYBOP - Posts big blind $20
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to TWIZZYBOP [Ad Qs]
TRENTON0 - Folds
KENT_WKU12 - Folds
MISDERIVER - Raises $40 to $40
CROOKS3434 - Calls $40
RIVERDAWG17 - Calls $40
LCF23 - Calls $40
ROCK542 - Calls $40
CRISS001 - Calls $30
TWIZZYBOP - All-In(Raise) $1460 to $1480
MISDERIVER - All-In $910
CROOKS3434 - All-In $1360
RIVERDAWG17 - All-In $1440
LCF23 - Folds
ROCK542 - Folds
CRISS001 - Folds

Last edited:
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Umm, what were you thinking exactly?

Needless to say the calls are probably awful, especially the guys calling a push and a call/calls with their KJo/QT/77/whatever, but you pushing AQ for 1500 chips at 10/20 blinds is just as bad. I might hugely overbet AA/KK here if I think one or two people are stupid enough to call with crap, but pushing a marginal hand like AQ is just silly.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but pushing a marginal hand like AQ is just silly.
Yeah sorry I won't push a top 10 pre flop hand... I will have to wait for a top 5 pre flop hand.. wait better yet lets push with a top 1 pre flop hand...

Can't always be scared to make a strong move.

Anyway.. I have fun now.. heck with what happens. I just thought this hand was funny and actually cute to see this many callers.

Nope no AA's or KK's.. this I can tell :) after I've allready seen the hand of course.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Umm, what were you thinking exactly?

Took a chance..for once aimed at luck..:) playing good games as of lately. besides pot was around 300 in chips.. a pot bet wouldn't have done anything, probably a re-raise, if they were going to call an all-in, do you really think a pot bet would have chased more of the limpers out?

So in essence still mixing things up.. never the same game twice.

Schatzdog

Schatzdog

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would guess at a pair of nines/tens, A-x suited and probably A-rag as your callers.

How'd I do?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
twizzybop said:
Can't always be scared to make a strong move.

Pushing 1500 into a 280 pot isn't "strong", it's stupid.

1) If the players are good, then you're only going to get called by something that beats you.

2) If the players are bad, why do you want to "leave it to luck" when you can (hopefully) outplay them?

Read HoH, and you'll see how silly you're being trying to defend such a bad move.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I typed a response, then read what Dorkus said above which was identical to what I was going to say. If you were astonished with what the other 3 called with, wouldn't you rather be an interested bystander than be in the post all-in, 4 way with AQ? (i'd be surprised if this held up). Another thing Harrington said, was to look out for your "good beats" and work from them. You made a poor play here - if you did quadruple up, you got lucky, but it's not a play to be repeated.

The hand analysis are great Twizzy, but you're getting good replies everytime, and don't seem to be taking it in. Are you making money at the moment?

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A, Q unsuited for an all-in is a questionale call at best. Here's my guess as to what they have. One has medium strength pocket pair (pocket nines or eights). Another player has K, J or K, 10. The last one probably has a suited connector.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hand analysis are great Twizzy, but you're getting good replies everytime, and don't seem to be taking it in. Are you making money at the moment?

Yes, nothing major.. I won't move up in limits until I get it completly right or at least close to where I am winning on a day to day basis... I actually do ok(avg) at the moment.. but again nothing major. Nothing to write home about but nothing to complain about either..

I actually deleted all my hands in my hand history.. However what I can recall there was no starting pairs.. an A,K.. J,K.. and Q,10.. something of that nature... so no I didn't quadruple up..

A train wreck waiting to happen,, bunch of paint cards fighting with each other..Simple answer: Rob put it best, better to be the spectator then in the train wreck itself.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands