Where did I go wrong?

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should I have been involved in this hand? It was early in the game, and I had a feeling I would hit a set.Should I have reraised on the flop, I'd hit a fullhouse so I wasnt concerned about the flush draw. Ignore the call on the river, I had a feeling he had an Ace, but I had to see it.

Game # 668203971 - Texas Hold'em No Limit 15,00/25,00 - Table "EUR 3+0.30 Sit Go 3298096
Players:
benkku82 (1 475,00 in seat 1)
nonglak (1 500,00 in seat 2)
KerouacDog (1 500,00 in seat 3)
figge73 (1 475,00 in seat 4)
itb1965 (1 405,00 in seat 5)
marie21 (1 500,00 in seat 6)
Dicceee (4 525,00 in seat 7)
securix (1 620,00 in seat 8)
Dealer: securix
Small Blind: benkku82 (15,00)
Big Blind: nonglak (25,00)
KerouacDog was dealt: 8h - 8s
KerouacDog Call (25,00)
figge73 Fold
itb1965 Fold
marie21 Fold
Dicceee Call (25,00)
securix Call (25,00)
benkku82 Raise (95,00)
nonglak Fold
KerouacDog Call (85,00)
Dicceee Fold
securix Call (85,00)
Flop 2d - 8c - 2c
benkku82 Bet (220,00)
KerouacDog Call (220,00)
securix Fold
Turn 2d - 8c - 2c - Ah
benkku82 Bet (250,00)
KerouacDog Call (250,00)
River 2d - 8c - 2c - Ah - As
benkku82 All-In (895,00)
KerouacDog Call (895,00)
benkku82 shows: Qs - Ac (a full house, aces full of deuces)
KerouacDog shows: 8h - 8s (a full house, eights full of aces)
benkku82 wins: 3 110,00 (with a full house, aces full of deuces)

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like from your post you already knew where you went wrong. When that ace came on the river you knew you were beat and you called the all-in anyway.

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah - i don't hate you PF play at all it was pretty solid, I too would have been guilty of slow playing on that flop too. I would have been very tempted to move on the turn rather than just call again. I don't hate your call but I would have preferred to get more money in the pot while you had the best hand, you had to suspect he had a big A and you should have tried to drive him off, He would probably still have called though but at least you made the move rather than calling off. I would have thought long and hard on the river before folding, you knew you were beat and it sucked but you had to fold.

thats my 2p anyway

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just move in on the turn, KD. If he's got a deuce, he'll pay you off. If he's got a flush draw, he'll pay to see the river. If he's got an ace he'll pay you off.

Slowplaying is overdone in my book.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cheers guys for the input. guess I should have reraised the flop, or maybe pushed the turn, just bad play by me, plus some bad luck.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I don't think it was terrible. Just not perfect :)

A lot of the time you'll get paid off slowplaying it to the river, but you'll occasionally lose value from flush draws (which won't pay you off on a missed river), smaller pairs, and you'll of course run into a backdoor FH like above sometimes too.

Good to see you posting again KD :)

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was this at Costa, KD? I had my most memorable experience with a similar hand there.

Turn would have been my choice to get it all in. There's not many cards that can hurt you so most of the time you're fine unless he's slowrolling AA.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was this at Costa, KD? I had my most memorable experience with a similar hand there.

Turn would have been my choice to get it all in. There's not many cards that can hurt you so most of the time you're fine unless he's slowrolling AA.
yeah NL, it was Costa.
I reckon he would have called an all-in on the turn, I should have pushed the flop.

V

VassagoRox

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You were sucked out bad man.When A hit on the turn you should consider the AK AQ because he raised preflop and betting to buy it.It is typical internet play.U should raise him on the turn..if he would call you,if he is that bad player and he hits the A on the river i think it will be less painfull because you would do the right thing...But calling all-in on the river , huge mistake

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there Mr KD :)

Have been caught myself a couple of times like this and have decided to push harder around the turn - as Mr Chuck says you would probably get called anyway (maybe losing hand :() but at least your making your opponent make the decision.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Mr Beard. Yeah I agree with Chuck there also. I think next time I will reraise on the flop just to knock him off his continuation bet.

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if we ignore the him having pocket Aces scenario, then he definately looked like a high Ace with perhaps the nut flush draw as he might not have bet the turn when the Ace turned up with just TT,JJ,QQ. Anyway, his tiny bet on the turn makes it look as if he has put you on a lower Ace than him and is valuebetting to get a call here. Given this a I think flat-calling
COULD BE the correct move as he sure as hell is gonna bet the river and there are only two outs in the deck that can save him which is definately worth the risk. Unfortunately when he did hit one of them (that's poker!) you had to fold as there was nothing you could beat apart from a bluff (which he'd fired 4 times at you).

Running Aces though - tough break..:eek:

jt