antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I would fold and wait a better hand/position . 44 makes it in the best a coin flip but the range of the villain is large , for half the stack it's not worth .

Tech101205

Tech101205

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The call is not bad but risky enough to lose my position in my tournament if i lose
so considering this I can easily fold
the range we need to call in that position is 88+ , A10s + if we assume our opp has Ax

P

Pokagambler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a flip.If you want to flip for half of your stack there when you got 30 bbs you call.if you don't you can wait for a while unless this is a hyper turbo or a turbo.I would auto-call in a hyper and a turbo and call in a regular or slow tournament if I thought that the players there are as good as me or better than me.if I thought that I am better than them i would fold for half my stack.its like you are milan and they are bolton and you skip all the match going straight to penalties.If i feel i'm better I don't want to give them 50 per cent chances to get half my stack.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
other things to consider here aside from maintaining a stack is
stack utility - how a 15bb stack plays for us at this stage vs. our 30bb stack if we just fold. Or if having a 45bb stack will make a big enough difference (in how we'll be able to use that stack vs. said table) to make it worth the risk (risk vs. reward).
Along with this we need to consider things like 'how easy has it been to pick up chips on our 30bb stack. does the table situation/circumstances allow for us to chip up fairly easily?'

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a good call. The lower pairs are good only to limp or max to 3-bet call with at least two other persons involved. You had a read on your opponent, that's good, but he probably will have at least 50/50 chance with almost any other hand.

kolecgoclaw

kolecgoclaw

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always in hu, all in pre with a couple - it gives you a better chance
but life and poker are often perverse.

I have a good decision ... in a timely manner Ax or a pair!

C

chng1t

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It highly depends on position. If you are on the BB, and villain push from HiJ, CO, BTN or SB, you should call 15bb shove. 44 vs Ax has 55% equity, unless A2-A4.

J

Jason Yocham

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not have called with pocket 4s. Especially in a won ticket entry. You won't want to think back on that you lost a big pot with 44. I would muck it.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I would have folded 44 here. Maybe 88+ is a good calling range here. It is a lot of chips relative to average stack and you are either racing here or crushed almost always. I can understand the call though you got to win races to win tournaments and sometimes we can be card dead in a tournament and 44 can look like QQ.
I would push with 44's though i.e. if he raised small or if you were middle/late position in an unopened pot as you at least have a chance of winning without showdown.

G

Guiguero

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think is a bad call. You have to call if you have, almost, 88. Its my opinion, maybe he was lying, but i do not risk with 44 in the begining of the tournament.

Only with a short stack I go all in with a small pair, like 4s

strodawg

strodawg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be cool man

It is an idiotic call. Why? Say board hits 8 10 6 8 6. So, who wins? Neither Ace hits nor 5s but you still have a Pair, lol..and you are a looser. I love poker..

Bradlad... Not cool to talk to the guy like that he did say he wasn't that experienced. He was asking for help. It was nice of you to give your input about a situation but no need to name call.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad call. No reason to make it. Best case is flip against two overs. Worst case you are dominated by higher pair. If it were for less than 20 percent of your stack then maybe. Otherwise fold every time and twice on Sunday.

trolly67

trolly67

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me, it would need to be 88 or higher. If you call and immediately feel the need to cross your fingers or pray, then you probably shouldn't have called. IMO

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would have probably fold, however if the player is a loose player who tries to steal the blinds in late position i might consider calling with any pair. you might be ahead 55-45% or maybe even better if villain has 33 22 or a2 a3, a4, k2,k3 or k4 so even in the case you lose the hand you still have 15 bb left so in most cases i think folding is the right choice however i dont think calling is a terrible choice against a loose player because in most cases it would be a coinflip scenario and you still have 15 bb left in case you lose the hand.

I

iFishForFlush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever you're faced with a fold or call situation, think for a second and ask yourself, if you call off, what are you beating, if you're answer is the best case scenario is that you are flipping, I would avoid that call almost 100% of the time, especially if it's a situation where after that pot you become short stack. If you have a massive stack and a call like this would barely dent it it's still a marginal call in my opinion, steer clear and find a better spot.

D

Danc1u

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u are the last to act u should call..its standard:)

D

Danc1u

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad call. No reason to make it. Best case is flip against two overs. Worst case you are dominated by higher pair. If it were for less than 20 percent of your stack then maybe. Otherwise fold every time and twice on Sunday.

any pair is good,and yeh,u should have some notes about the player,but depends also on tournament,if is a bounty T 100% u`l make the call,if u hit a 4 its over,all u need to do is hold:) but its hard to hold low pairs on ps :p

B

blackyy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not technically a bad call because they have A5o. A6s vs 44, you have ~55% equity when all in if you don't have any of the A6 suits in your hand.

Assuming it's just the blinds + the 15 BB jam, there is 16.5 BBs in the pot and you have to call 15 BBs. If we plug this into an EV formula we get:

EV = [16.5 BBs x .55] - [15 BBs x .45]
EV = [9.1BBs] - [6.75 BBs]
EV = +2.35 BBs

However, even if it is a +EV situation for us, we still have consider stack preservation in MTTs. So, even if are averaging 2.35 BBs in the long run, it might not be worth risking 50% of your stack in this situation.

The problem is that is you need to calculate your equity vs your opponents shoving range and not just a specific hand. Your opponent would have to have a shove range of 45% to make 44 a slight favorite of 51/49. Most players aren't shoving this wide for 15 BBs. Even if your opponent's shove range is 93%, you only have ~57% equity to win. Going back to stack preservation, is 57% equity enough to risk 50% of your stack?

So, it's not a bad call because it's A5o vs 44. It's a bad call because you cannot beat your opponent's preflop shove range with 44.

I know I never answered to that but thank you for the help