What would you do?

ztw30

ztw30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in the big blind and a very loose player makes a call i have KA, I check. The flop comes k 5 3 I bet out about the pot...he raises i think back and i determine he has nothing but is a big donk I am about 500 chips ahead of him and i re-raise he goes all-in by this time im pot committed so i call...He shows K-J im dominating....The turn come 10...the river comes the jack to put me all but out! Is there anything different i should have done?

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doesn't seem like there is anything you could have done to get him our of the pot no matter what you do. And really you don't want him out of the pot anyway, you will win that hand most of the time. He was just a lucky donk, nothing you can do.

I might have reraised preflop but I think your play was fine, you got all your money in good, that's all you can do.

edge-t

edge-t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in the big blind and a very loose player makes a call i have KA, I check. The flop comes k 5 3 I bet out about the pot...he raises i think back and i determine he has nothing but is a big donk I am about 500 chips ahead of him and i re-raise he goes all-in by this time im pot committed so i call...He shows K-J im dominating....The turn come 10...the river comes the jack to put me all but out! Is there anything different i should have done?

Nice hand. Played it well, like Mrsnake, I would have raised preflop. Since he's a loose one, he might just call with KJ.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
open limping is terrible and I would of re-raised preflop but after that you did nothing wrong. You got someone to put it all in drawing very slim cant ask for more then that.