wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is an actual hand I played yesterday. . . I was "Iou1Quicky"

It was the first 5 minutes of a free roll and I had just got moved to another table. . . I don't know anything about the other player nor does he about me.

What would you do after the turn? What do you think he has?

- bobartsmart7 sitting in seat 1 with $5600.00 [Dealer]

- TanG- sitting in seat 2 with $2385.00

- doubledownjj sitting in seat 3 with $3200.00

- rcoolio sitting in seat 4 with $1400.00

- tazzylu sitting in seat 6 with $940.00

- tomatoo sitting in seat 7 with $2290.00 [Sitting out]

- boss11 sitting in seat 8 with $960.00

- iou1quicky sitting in seat 9 with $950.00

- nixxxon sitting in seat 10 with $970.00

TanG- posted the small blind - $15.00

doubledownjj posted the big blind - $30.00

** Dealing card to iou1quicky: King of Spades, King of Clubs

rcoolio raised - $60.00

tazzylu folded

tomatoo folded

boss11 folded

iou1quicky raised - $270.00

nixxxon folded

bobartsmart7 folded

TanG- folded

doubledownjj folded

rcoolio called - $270.00

** Dealing the flop: 8 of Clubs, 6 of Hearts, 4 of Diamonds

rcoolio bet - $30.00

iou1quicky raised - $240.00

rcoolio called - $240.00

** Dealing the turn: 4 of Clubs

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Push the flop.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You shouldn't have let it gone that far. When you have high pocket pair and lower cards are on the flop. You push all in. Now, a pair is on the board since you didn't go all in, not to mention a flush draw possiblity.

The situation you are now presenting depends on what this "rcoolio" does since he/she is first to act. So if you could provide that, that would be helpful.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turn:
rcoolio bet - $30.00

I think pushing all-in after the flop hits is more or less wreckless..?..If I wanted to go all-in wouldn't a better time have been pre-flop...hope he doesn't have A's or pair his A? I might have had a better chance of pushing him out pre-flop ...but it's a free roll and this guy would have probably called me anyway...You're right when saying to go all-in after the flop hits...but why call a raise of 240 ...then you think I won't get called again when I go all-in... ?

Last edited:
t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe, but the flop was a good flop for you becuase it was all low cards. It seems to me there is only these hands that can beat you after the flop:

Likely:
A,A

Unlikely:

Unless this "rcoolio" is a donk and called you raise with the unlikely four hands, you're in good shape. If he had Pocket Aces, he would have raised pre-flop. I think this guy has something like A, 8 or A, 6 maybe even a pocket pair that didn't hit for a set. It that's the case, you still in good shape. If you push all in, he will probably fold. The only thing I would worry about is the likely hands I listed. It's quite possible he has a set and slowplaying it. But, if that's the case, he would have checked. It's an easy push after the flop.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...hmm. . . your hand analysis of the opponent is rightfully off...anyone else want a stab?

JessieBear15331

JessieBear15331

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe you should have ppushed all-in PF. I don't know if anyone would call, but you have a great starting hand to go all-in with. As for what I would put him as having; he made min-raises both flop and PF, so I put him with nothing significant. A6 for example. I believe he hit a small pair on the flop, but I believe you still had him beat.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
raising preflop to %25 of my/his chip stack, then again post flop isn't enough here?

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wsorbust said:
...hmm. . . your hand analysis of the opponent is rightfully off...anyone else want a stab?

Well, you asked...

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
....I know...It was a nice attempt and everything....but the less obvious undoubtedly happened on this hand...You can take another stab too if you'd like...! lol

A

AceZWylD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now I am not concerned about the flush draw on board, nor am I concerned about him hitting the set.

Why? Preflop I would have worried that he had perhaps AK suited. Once the flop hit though, he would have had to hit runner runner to hit the nut flush, and that doesn't justify making the call on the flop. I don't see him having a 4 in his hand either simply because he called a large bet preflop and a decent sized bet on the flop. You would not make those moves with x4 in your hand, and after only hitting bottom pair on the flop.

I have 2 guesses as to what he is holding here.

1) He could be holding middle PP (10/10 or J/J). He has the board beat with this hand, which would justify calling your raises. But you still have him beat at this point. The fact that the board paired and he now has 2 pairs, he probably is feeling pretty comfortable about his hand with only one card to go. And the fact that you are not telling us about the river has got me thinking that you got rivered out on this hand by a full house.

2) It is possible that he was holding 5/7 and hit the straight on the flop and he is letting you bet into him so that he can get you to commit all of your chips. This is possible, but not likely due to the fact that he called a large preflop raise, and normally you would not make that call with 5/7 in your hand.

Either way, you have committed a lot of your chips to the pot, and right now is likely your best chance to double up before you go broke in the tournament. I'd push all in and take my chances.

Last edited:
t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wsorbust said:
....I know...It was a nice attempt and everything....but the less obvious undoubtedly happened on this hand...You can take another stab too if you'd like...! lol

I'm not sure what you mean. You asked what we would do and you're not satisfied.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no....I'm satisfied...it's just that no one guessed it. . . And going All-in at any point in this hand would have been meaningless...(since I will lose regardless) So Here's what happened:

** Dealing the turn: 4 of Clubs

rcoolio bet - $30.00

iou1quicky went all-in - $440.00

rcoolio called - $440.00

rcoolio shows: 10 of Clubs, 9 of Hearts

** Dealing the river: 7 of Spades

rcoolio wins $1945.00 from the main pot

Donk wins again! Should have went all-in preflop? maybe ... but all-in post-flop would have definitely been called...(t'was...)

Last edited:
t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should have titled this "What do you think my opponent has?" to avoid confusion.

Yes, he's a donk for calling that raise. He's luck he caught his straight on the river. Would he have called you if you went all in after the flop? Maybe. Maybe not. Pre-flop? I doubt it. Tough break.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should have titled this "What do you think my opponent has?" to avoid confusion.

lol . eh. It started out as "what would you do?" and progressed into something different...my bad...it's all good.

Last edited:
S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, i still push the flop....even knowing what i know now. Playing results oriented is a common mistake, and pushing the flop is the right choice. Honestly, i put him on A8.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually the best call would have been all in on the flop. Having the hand you had and the hand he had you let him take this. If he called you at that point with an all in with the calls that fell it didn't matter. But you not using your chips to your advantage gave this donk the pot.

Did you find out how far he made it?

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he was out about 5-10 minutes later...