What did i do wrong??? Cuz i did something wrong

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, here's the thing, i finally managed to get something built up, but as quickly as it was built it was back down the drain,lol..
Alright here we, go, acouple of days ago, i was playing in ahh i think it was 27 player, mtt, and the thing was that my bankroll, wasn't high enough to take a loss, but stupid me, i decided that if i had just made it too the top 5 that i'd be better then when i started, I wont speak of the buy-in because, i know it was just stupid of me to risk it all on the one tourney, rather then spread it around.
Anyways, after, i'd say 30-40 minutes into the game, i picked up QQ, I remember i was under the gun, had about 3600 or so, 18 ppl left or so, and if i'm not mistaken the blinds werent really high, i raised like 4.5X the bb, and the biggest stack called, Then someone else, who also had about the same amount as I reraised 3x my raise, so Thought, and i really thought about it, Because, this player that re-raised really didn't Play alot hands, and the hands, that he/she played were really nice starting hands, BUt i mean I had QQ, so anyways I push, the big stack still called, and the other still called.

Me-QQ
big stack-AK
the other-QQ

yup, flop ace and i was out.

My question is, was there anything else that i could've really done?
Should I have folded to begin with
Should I have just called to see the flop
Or was it the right thing regardless of my loss to still push?
And another thing, i'm just wondering how many ppl would still called an all in with Ak, after it was raised, and reraise, and and re-re-raise of all in?

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't matter that he called with AK, it's loose but it happens and it's a good thing people make loose calls.

Your push with QQ isn't terrible if you have some sort of read that his range is bigger than KK and AA.

But you shouldn't put yourself in a position where losing a single coinflip is sufficient cause to dwell on it for days due to the impact on your bankroll.

I know you don't want to hear that, but if you're looking for the lesson, that's it.

C

Cruesix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're short stacked it's better to check/call... raising QQ is not as smart as it looks like (Hilton Sisters):D :D :D

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raising UTG is always risky so often you could just make the call here with QQ, but if you are going to raise (which I would probs do as well) then I'm not sure what you were trying to achieve by raising 4.5x the BB. Here' what could have happened:

1) You'll just pick up the blinds which is not the best use of QQ when the blinds are so small like this.

2) You'll get reraised by As or Ks (well in this case Qs lol) and have a tough decision

3) You'll get flat called by a AK or even AJ/KQ and then any A or K that flops will make you pretty uneasy (and it doesn't help that you're out of position), and if one doesn't flop you won't be getting any more money out of the caller.

Anyway 4.5x is a large investment for UTG with no info. 2.5x might be more appropriate as with a reraise then you have cheaper information and can call to see the flop cheaper than it would have been getting reraised from a 4.5x original raise.

Quite a hand though! :eek:

jt