What do you put me on?

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would love to know what you would put me on and what you put my opponent on.

Stacks: - _J__R_ with 770673 - Ankka46 with 2026752 - flintti with 1993945 - vellllu with 510933 - lion66 with 625662 - massico with 262624 - Max2well with 1168580 - api_90 with 1887189 - heksa34 with 1305593

index.pl

index.pl

Site: Ladbrokes / Prima

Preflop:
**- 1 players fold.
* - flintti raised - 1600.00
**- 4 players fold.
api_90 called - 1600.00 (About 2-3 seconds)
* - 2 players folded.
* - Total folds this street: 7
Flop:
ts.gif
tc.gif
9s.gif

* - flintti bet - 3200.00
**- 2 players fold.
api_90 called - 3200.00
Turn:
2h.gif

* - flintti checked api_90 bet - 3000.00
* - flintti raised - 6000.00 api_90 called - 6000.00 (Immediately called)
River:
8c.gif

* - flintti checked api_90 checked
(This was a mistake on my part)

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

So its a little exercise for you all to think about. After you guys get a good guess I will post the hole cards.

NuRelic

NuRelic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the Blinds? It's pretty clear this is a tourney, where are you at when this hand comes up. Did you have any reads on you opponents that might help? What type of player are you? It's hard to see whose in the hand on the flop when you bet $3,200 (that could help discern whether your value betting, betting for protection or making a feeler bet).

But from just the info you provided, it looks like your holding Middle PP or possibly AT and api_90 was on the Spade-Flush Draw. Your mistake appears to be checking the River when the 8 floats out, apparently worried about api_90 holding QJ.

Barring some more info, here's my guess:
You: 88 or 77
api_90: KsJs or KsQs

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, the blinds were 300/600 and the hand started by me accidentally entering too little for 3 times the bb raise. I am pretty aggressive,but still quite tight. I would say that from the position that I am playing the hand isn't a clear raise. I had a decent read on my opponent to my believe. I hope I get some other good guesses as to what I had.

NuRelic, you have read Villain quite well, you are getting close. As to my hand I hope that someone can guess it.

Last edited:
arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I put you on 99, looks like you made a good check on the turn for a bluff. He fell right into it. Then on the river you thought that checking would get another bet out of him, it didn't so that's your mistake.
Villan might have high PP or 22.

Another hand I can put you on is QQ to AA or AQ AK. Pretty broad spectrum but this is hard to decide what you have here. I am guessing a full house with pocket 9s though.

Another hand I could put you on here is 22, seeing a 2 on the turn you got excited and checked, when he bet you were like "Yes!" and raised. Then you saw him instantly call and either A. got scared or B. thought he would bet the river.

Still can't say I am that sure though.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh I forgot about your opponent.

AJ+ spades

I can also put him on JJ+ (as I can put you on it)

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd put you on AA-88 and the villian on a flush draw or 89.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
villain: j,t or q,js
You: k,t, at or overpair

heatfan03

heatfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i put u on AK ha ha ha
umm Pocket 10's.
villian = KQ or QQ/KK maybe AA

Dewmz

Dewmz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You JJ..Villain..hm...ATs on the button.

btw, I suck at reads.

SubT33

SubT33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After reading the initial post I want to put you on 89, but then in a response you said you are pretty tight, so from that position raising with 89 would make you pretty loose. But I still put you on 89.

J

jdelacruz78

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
guess your hand

i put you on pocket dueces.. and the other a 10.. are you gonna let us know what the you guys had?????

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, its time to reveal the hand, I had KJ of diamonds and villain had AK of spades.

This is how I see the play.

Pre-flop -> Oh, KJ - looks pretty, I guess I will raise cause I have been so damn tight.

Flop -> Ok, not nice, but his probably got Ax calling me, so I should get to know the strength of my hand. I think he called quickly here indicating he was on a draw.

Turn-> I had two choices, to bet or check. So, I check hoping for a freecard, but I know his also on a draw so I raise him (a trick I learned recently from the theory of poker). The only thing I don't like here is that maybe I raised too little.

River-> A scare card hits, my logical brain is rooting for the check and my gut is telling me to bet big. I think the check was a mistake because the kind of intuition seems to be right 99% of the time.

So anyways I got sidetracked after this hand, went all-in with 99 and got booted by AK. So I got from 15th position out of less than hundred players to the rail.

Other than those two hands, I think I played good poker, especially since I have been having problems with my game as of late.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
too be fair, when you have nothing, its hard to tell you your cards lol

I was pretty close though, i put you an a jack and villain on an ace, the other cards are irrelevant imo since without the other cards i got it right :smile:

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
too be fair, when you have nothing, its hard to tell you your cards lol

Yes, but the analysis helped me to think about what my opponent put me on, since he said he expected that I had a different hand. Also it helps me to think about the possible hands that villain has.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that with calling you "tight" would not be correct from this hand....

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
flint your analysis of the hand is clearly massively influenced by what you now know he had.

Given that board your play makes pretty grim reading. You are going to get murdered playing it like that 99% of the time.

Honestly having read a number of your posts and basing my "read" on that, I put you on "nothing to do with the flop". Which is probably harsh, but you did ask.

His play is consistent with any number of lines other than a draw and your minraise on the turn will and should be called by anyone in any circumstance at that point in the hand. I think your real reason (which you don't mention) is that you were praying for the Queen).

Full credit to you for reading up on the game and study will bring dividends but you are going to bluff away a lot of chips based on my read of you so far.

Not meant to be critical, hopefully helpful.

Rex

slgalt

slgalt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Close to pot sized bet on the flop just seemed like a bluff. Certainly it says you don't have a 10. Since opponent had AKs, the best he could put you on was str8 flush draw, and probably only thinking he had nut draw. More likely he might put you on a 9 or a pocket pr. But most likely he just put you on the bluff.

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full credit to you for reading up on the game and study will bring dividends but you are going to bluff away a lot of chips based on my read of you so far.

I don't know what it is that lately I have been having all the elements in my game except patience. In this game I was able to be patient all the way to this hand. I don't know where all of this aggression has come, but I have been able to tone it down a little lately.

Do you have any tips on how to get my game back on track?

Last edited:
Tigersmith

Tigersmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQ for the villan
99 or JJ, AK for you