What do we make of this?

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No real read on villain other than showing down some odd hands.

1) What do we make of this all in bet?
2) Can we get away with calling this or should we just lay it down?
full tilt poker Game #4578676693: $5 + $0.50 Sit & Go (34715993), Table 1 - 30/60 - No Limit Hold'em - 17:43:54 ET - 2007/12/21
Seat 2: xFlyGirl (3,180)
Seat 4: JohnMoe (2,665)
Seat 6: royalburrito24 (1,415)
Seat 7: 7cardstudmuffin (3,105)
Seat 8: kingofsoddy (1,945)
Seat 9: nickcee (1,190)
7cardstudmuffin posts the small blind of 30
kingofsoddy posts the big blind of 60
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt royaburrito24 [8c Ah]
nickcee folds
xFlyGirl has 15 seconds left to act
xFlyGirl calls 60
JohnMoe folds
royalburrito24 raises to 240
7cardstudmuffin folds
kingofsoddy folds
xFlyGirl calls 180
*** FLOP *** [As Kd 9s]
xFlyGirl bets 2,940, and is all in
royalburrito24 ???

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without any clear reads, this is an easy fold.

You have TPNK......What are you beating apart from a total bluff ?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm well they like it but not that much. The only problem is the ace rage isnt great in this situation. What hand would limp then push on a board that you would definately cbet on?

I dont think we can say a set here so that rules that out. Would they have limped with a,j+. Maybe but why would that push? I think he has kq spades or kj spades. In that light, i think i would fold. Since i think at best you are 50% against a hand like k,q spades. Or you are dominated by a,9 or a,10. Id fold knowing i can find a better spot to call an allin.

M

MrMeany2U

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
something like that is a hard call ... but I think I would of folded ... don't know how it turned out ... but if someone does that after flop ... to me that means they caught 3 of a kind or something ... yer ace doesn't count for jack in that table even though you are paired .... best to cut and run and take yer chips back later

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
something like that is a hard call ... but I think I would of folded ... don't know how it turned out ... but if someone does that after flop ... to me that means they caught 3 of a kind or something ... yer ace doesn't count for jack in that table even though you are paired .... best to cut and run and take yer chips back later

how can we put someone on 3 of a kind here?

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure why you don't have a read here yet, it's clearly not the first blind level, and you must have seen how she got her bigger stack-- so....?

Without having sat at the table, my maxim is "fold to donk aggression".

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure why you don't have a read here yet, it's clearly not the first blind level, and you must have seen how she got her bigger stack-- so....?

Sorry AG, you must realize that I am not always "there" all the time.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Readless this is an automuck for me, but I occasionally look people up if I've got a line on them and think there's a good chance he/she's just buying the pot.

Many a time I've seen KQ or TT or other weird hands show up here, but I've also seen AT, sets and AK as well. Player dependent, and again, readless I'm mucking. I'm actually folding pf nearly all the time without a good read too.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lousy raise in first place , you got what you wanted with ace rag ,if you weren't looking for two pr or better or auto fold then call. I say fold it fast and don't ever even think about a call like that.

Without having sat at the table, my maxim is " donk aggression".

fyp :p

Tobmeister

Tobmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is the classic dilemma with A rag, (correct me if i'm wrong :eek: ) because you don't know if your kicker is good enough, or even if aces are good. With no reads we know that villain can be holding anything in a huge range, so we have to fold here.

just so i know, what were you achieving with your PF raise

(PS i'm not saying it was bad, i just need to learn :eek: )

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is the classic dilemma with A rag, (correct me if i'm wrong :eek: ) because you don't know if your kicker is good enough, or even if aces are good. With no reads we know that villain can be holding anything in a huge range, so we have to fold here.

just so i know, what were you achieving with your PF raise

(PS i'm not saying it was bad, i just need to learn :eek: )

Well it is 6 handed, so a pre-flop raise on the button with an ace is pretty standard.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if any of you wanted to know I made the donk call with my Ax and turned out I was actually ahead. I put the guy on the flush draw but he didn't even have that. Just a KJ that must have been angry at me for raising pre flop or some BS like that. But I have learned that making this type of call isn't going to work more times than it is going to work.