What to do with pocket's JJ?

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
jacks to me should be played like a set mining hand....its tough to play like a power hand because you will tend to get called by any number of hands in a tight range that would crush you on the flop

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am heads up and spins player for me picket jacksvare more than Jesus for the pope.... raise reraise allun

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi community! I was playing yesterday and my cards was :js4: :jd4: and I was utg1 ,blinds were 100/200 but it was a freerool with lots of maniac players and I decided to open raise to 600chips but the utg2 went all in of 2.870 chips and the dealer gave a call from utg 2 and I thought I was losing so I decided to fold this hand.
Utg2 had :as4: :ac4: and won the hand.

the fact that you lost does not mean that you made a mistake by following all in with JJ..car if he had AK OR 10 10 and you won you would not ask this question :) so I think it's the risk of poker, but with JJ personally I follow all in but the wise decision is to raise in pre flop and see if he did not A or K you immediately put all in on the other hand what I can not understand how players throw all in with 2 2 or 33 or 4 4, especially when there is a lot of players who follow an all in JJ remains an average hand and not really good so I think with JJ we must follow All in only when we are facing an opponent only

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play the aggressively preflop unless I have a lot of action before me. Then I might have to call if I think its worth set mining.

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've started to answer this question several times but in my answers there is always a but.. JJ is kinda complicated to me.. as a matter of fact I've just come to realize..
That's a farging trick question!!

There's no quick answer to this for me, however I will attempt one..

Bet on them Preflop.. overcard shows.. bet again.. if you get called or raised.. that's my last bet. Probably not as simple as this.. But I've been booted out of more tournaments with JJ then most any other pocket pair and if I'd followed the advice I just wrote I might just have a better bankroll.

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jj plays good if flops comes right but they can be easyli crushed.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to play this hand, but it is very dangerous and you have to play very carefully. To be honest, if I were you, I would call.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to play this hand, but it is very dangerous and you have to do it very carefully. To be honest, if I were you, I would call.

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello
A hand like pocket jacks is a good hand, but not a good one and you need to play it carefully. In this case, the fold is not a mistake!

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good laydown. JJ is a risky hand for me.

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pair of jack

I play pocket JJ calmly, I open a 2x and a half mini raise I see the flop if there are high cards on the flop like K or Q or A and the villain shows a lot of strength out of position I fold the hand, if another jack comes on the flop I play very aggressive.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ is, on the one hand, it seems like a strong hand and, on the other hand, a dangerous pair, from which you can lose all your chips, you need to play it either very carefully or very aggressively !!! This is my personal opinion !!!

john harris

john harris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is hard to win with them if you don't get a good flop so I try to see the flop, I do raise preflop every time then hope for a good flop. It also depends on what kind of players are in the pot with me.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I realize JJ is a tricky hand to play so I tread carefully. Table dynamics dictate my aggression level. In position I will raise. I may call or min bet early and see where the action goes. Obviously I’m looking to see a flop, and hopefully a good one. If the flop is not to my liking I have no problem finding a fold. Not looking to go broke with JJ. Better hands and spots. Set mining in the right situation. When facing a big raise against a very tight player if stack is not strong I can fold preflop easily . Against a loose table bully or maniac I will 3 or 4bet big, hopefully they fold. If not, I am willing to get it in against that player. I’m likely ahead of them. JJ gives you trouble if you allow it to. The fold button is always there if the hand looks like it’s not worth the risk.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
always preflop fold, thats for sure u never loose ;):D:icon_joke:top:

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
talking about jj i just got beat with raised 3 times blind three callers flop was77j player goes all in i call. he has a7 river is a seven.

skaniol

skaniol

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
But I've been booted out of more tournaments with JJ then most any other pocket pair and if I'd followed the advice I just wrote I might just have a better bankroll.
I have a strong feeling that's KK for me. I also think QQ wins most of the time. Let's check the numbers:

Sc pairshowdowns

Yes, I was right. Keep in mind that I was way ahead with KK most of the time, but I've received too many bad beats.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Eventually I like to bet everything, even at the risk of having three players in hand. In that case, maybe one of the other players would give up and you would challenge only one. How was the end of this hand? Would you win?

P

Pete Ski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am always open raising with JJ and may flat an open from later position or in the blinds. It is one of those hands the looks great as a pocket pair but is quite vulnerable unless improved

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With Pocket Js preflop I have to raise 3 to 4 times the big blind then if someone pushes I think I call. In a cash game you may get someone to push you after the raise if they have a monster hand but in tournaments you get a lot of people pushing with marginal hands, I'll take my chances with them.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
yup I'll surely take my chances with them too. Why just yesterday I cracked aces with 22...hit a set then rivered quads

W

WarBabyBunz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt open with them, I don't care for them. The same as pair of two' s to a pair of q's