What do i do on the River

ander

ander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey...I was wondering about this
I got 88...the SB raises 4 times the big blind...I had him covered..Is it ok to move all in..There were 3-4 players before the money...
Another spot..the same whit 77...
FOLD...or an all in is an acceptable play?

sky4ever

sky4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing to beat you up over.
Now we are at the river and you hit your boat. SB leads out with 4 hearts on board, I think he has hit either A or K high flush. Push him all in

agree^^

trewtrew

trewtrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u have to shove here and if ur beat then its just a cold deck. ur opponent is going to be betting with a flush or a bluff here more often than a bigger full house and he could also have 22.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey...I was wondering about this
I got 88...the SB raises 4 times the big blind...I had him covered..Is it ok to move all in..There were 3-4 players before the money...
Another spot..the same whit 77...
FOLD...or an all in is an acceptable play?

It depends on you stack size and player reads. Would need more information. How much do you have him covered by?? Is it half your stack or more??

I wouldn't call in this situation, I would either fold or push him all in due to FE. You also have to think, he is in a stealing position. How often has he tried to steal? Is he stealing now?? If he isn't then he probably has two over that you will be in a race against or he has you crushed with a higher pp. Or you could have a better pp than he does.

At any rate, depending on the situation, I'm either folding or pushing him all in.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
shove... I did the same thing with pocket 2s.... You have the Boat....

ImolAyrton

ImolAyrton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this stage of the tourney, dont call low pocket pairs.. Rais them or fold them..

288 is a vey nice flop for pocket 4.. Rais this flop..

on the river I should not call.. It's too late you could have won the hand earlier already by betting