What to do here?

katharine

katharine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I have no reads here, becuase this is like the 5th hand of tonight's freeroll.

All I know is two hands before he called with J-4 off and checked the flop with a pair of jacks so when I the BB hit my eight I was stupid enough to call what i thought to be a play at the pot.

On this particular hand I put him on a jack again, I even thought he was checking a made straight on the turn, and was prepared to give up had he bet. The clubs didn't concern me too much because of the check on the flop and turn. Then came the river which gave me a king-hi straight. So he bets 550 and I should?

Stacks:
* MP1 with 1492
* MP2 with 1598
* CO with 1485
* BTN with 1230
* SB with 1770
* BB with 1500
* UTG with 1470

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to BTN:K♠ J♠
* * Sklansky group 3
Preflop:
* * 5 players fold.
* * CO raises to 60
* * Hero calls [60]
* * 2 players folded.
* * Total folds this street: 7
* * Potsize: 165
Flop:
* * 8♣ 10♠ 3♣
* * CO checks
* * Hero checks
Turn:
* * Q♣
* * CO checks
* * Hero checks
River:
* * 9♥
* * CO bets [550]
* * 2 players fold.
* * Hero???
Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

J

j0sh1ngU

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a big bet at the pot for the pot size. which either means he has the flush and is trying to maximize his value or he has two pair or set in which you would lead. judging by a free roll it could be him just playing very lose as nobody really does that unless he also has the straight or a possible flush

J

jeffownsyou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all i know is you need to go with your gut. you have seen how he has played so make your play based off that. he should never play jack 4 but good luck making the right one

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if he has the flush, then good for him, but i dont see how you could fold a straight here. one, he is loose from what you know, two, its a freeroll, so that makes it reasonably likely he is playing loose anyway. worst thing, he has the flush, and you can note him for the future. if this were a money tourney, i would fold like a cheap shirt, but im a bit of a nit.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The size of his river bet is odd. If he had the flush, it would make more sense to bet an amount that would induce a call. His big overbet looks like he is trying to buy the pot.

Having said that, this is the first level of a freeroll. So, he may simply be an idiot.

Call. It is possible he has the flush, but that is only part of his range and there is an excellent chance you have the best hand.