What to do with this hand?

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Game #22736719540: Tournament #125717352, $1.00+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2008/12/08 14:23:05 ET
Table '125717352 1' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 2: GotaLovePoke (1670 in chips)
Seat 3: Cazz77 (1425 in chips)
Seat 4: fozon (1135 in chips)
Seat 5: jesse burf (2075 in chips)
Seat 6: nimble388 (2590 in chips)
Seat 7: lokri (1145 in chips)
Seat 8: 34ys4i (1260 in chips)
Seat 9: ghopper72 (2200 in chips)
ghopper72: posts small blind 25
GotaLovePoke: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to GotaLovePoke [8c Js]
Cazz77: folds
fozon: calls 50
jesse burf: folds
nimble388: folds
lokri: calls 50
34ys4i: calls 50
ghopper72: calls 25
HERO: checks
*** FLOP *** [6d Jc Jh]
ghopper72: checks
GotaLovePoke: checks
fozon: bets 1085 and is all-in
lokri: folds
34ys4i: folds
ghopper72: folds

HERO: ?????

What would you do here, I mean, does he have jacks with a kicker? He is small stack and He is not really tight.

He hasnt stole alot of pots.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a good illustration why you need to bet the flop here, it would make your decision much easier. Based on the buy-in and blind level I would have to call this here since this will so often by A6 or any other A-rag.

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I checked because I prety much thought I had the best hand, so I wanted some one to stabb at the pot, but not all-in...

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars Game #22736719540: Tournament #125717352, $1.00+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2008/12/08 14:23:05 ET
Table '125717352 1' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 2: GotaLovePoke (1670 in chips)
Seat 3: Cazz77 (1425 in chips)
Seat 4: fozon (1135 in chips)
Seat 5: jesse burf (2075 in chips)
Seat 6: nimble388 (2590 in chips)
Seat 7: lokri (1145 in chips)
Seat 8: 34ys4i (1260 in chips)
Seat 9: ghopper72 (2200 in chips)
ghopper72: posts small blind 25
GotaLovePoke: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to GotaLovePoke [8c Js]
Cazz77: folds
fozon: calls 50
jesse burf: folds
nimble388: folds
lokri: calls 50
34ys4i: calls 50
ghopper72: calls 25
HERO: checks
*** FLOP *** [6d Jc Jh]
ghopper72: checks
GotaLovePoke: checks
fozon: bets 1085 and is all-in
lokri: folds
34ys4i: folds
ghopper72: folds

HERO: ?????

What would you do here, I mean, does he have jacks with a kicker? He is small stack and He is not really tight.

He hasnt stole alot of pots.
Being oop, you have to lead this out to avoid situations like this. Bet 3/4 pot here pf please. If he still makes the shove I think you can get away from it. As for the hand as played, even with no kicker, it's possible he is shoving a mid pair, I would think if he had 66 he would milk it for all he could, so 77, 88, something like that. Call and fist pump

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those who want results, I called, he turned out to have ace rag and i finished first in the SNG.

thanks for ur inputs

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is always a snap call fist pump, should never ever be considering folding here

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being oop, you have to lead this out to avoid situations like this. Bet 3/4 pot here pf please. If he still makes the shove I think you can get away from it. As for the hand as played, even with no kicker, it's possible he is shoving a mid pair, I would think if he had 66 he would milk it for all he could, so 77, 88, something like that. Call and fist pump
I clearly mean on the flop

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is always a snap call fist pump, should never ever be considering folding here

If I told you he had 9/J, 10/J, QJ, KJ, AJ, would you still have said that.

Don't forget it was limped, and so any marginal hand is possible.

The call is hard because its a SNG, and I can fold here and still make it to the final spot.

none the less I did call, but it took me at least 20 seconds...

I think there was a large potential of losing this hand. I got a bit lucky I believe...

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

ridiculous question, so ridiculous, im not even going to bother writing why its ridiculous

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The call is hard because its a SNG, and I can fold here and still make it to the final spot.

I think there was a large potential of losing this hand. I got a bit lucky I believe...
Are we really putting any of those hands on a limpers range from his posistion though? Not likely

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Still absolutely 100% snapcall/fistpump, especially in a $1 SnG where people will, let's face it, play any old garbage. Unless you've got a read that the villain is the tightest nit that ever nitted, this is an easy call.

You've pointed out that there are five jacks that are better than yours (seemingly ignoring J6, but anywho). There are also five jacks that are worse than yours, and that's before we even start contemplating the other hands that could do this which we crush, like medium pairs, A6, unpaired ace-rag hands, naked overcards and other garbage besides. 66 is the only other hand we're worried about.

Seriously - snapcall/fistpump.

FWIW I don't mind the slowplay on the flop, specifically because in a $1 game you will likely get hands that you crush betting into you in a five-way pot. I wouldn't do it every time, but as a balancing play I think it's OK.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he has trip jacks here with a good kicker, this isa ridiculous overbet of the pot that only mental patients like myself do.-

Always bet your trips in a multiway limped pot, you will get calls.

If you flop quads, do the same!

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact that they bet 1085 into a pot of 250 should tell you something. This seems like a bad play no matter what they have because there aren't even any draw possibilities on the board (I guess this MAY be okay if they have A6, 77-TT).

Anyways, unless they're super tight, I think you can assume they're doing something irrational meaning they might be trying to steal or are shoving with mid pockets.

H

headtrip13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call, you still have some chips left if your wrong, his all in bet is suspect if he had a J or 66, I would expect him to get more value out of his hand by letting others lead at the pot

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
based on his all-in on that flop, there was little chance of villian holding a jack.
As it had been mentioned earlier, if villian was indeed holding a jack with a stronger kicker then he would have milked it for as much as it was worth and wouldn't have went all-in as it would not be smart.

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it prety much makes sense...

I was still worried he was holding a jack, as I get alot of cold decks

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

There's your problem.

You get exactly as many cold decks as everyone else. Remember that.

JohnnyFronts

JohnnyFronts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it prety much makes sense...

Ugh, worried in a $1 donk-n-go? My standard rule, if i make a 3 of a kind hand or better, just jam jam jam. 99% of the time you WILL get looked up, unless (like in this case) someone already jammed it for you. Snapcall and high-five the monitor.

Y

yankeenut23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ummm....

CALL!!!!!
Why would he come out betting that flop if he has the nuts?
If you end up losing..oh-well....you need to take the chance with trip J's
yankeenut23:)

bolda3

bolda3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling was definitely the right play. He could have had two pair and was trying to push you off the hand. Good call.!

P

pinaq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call. With no doubt. Seems as he's trying to steal the pot, and at those low level buy-ins, people tend to move all-in as long as they have an ace. However, I think you should have betted on the flop. As you have made your trips with a pair on the board, you risk, if you're unlucky, facing the fourth J with a higher kicker, or in worst case scenario a 6. But, as I said, it's $1. People play many cards without actually having made a hand so this is not very wrongly played. I mean, if he had betted instead of shoving, you could have moved all-in on him, so I see why you played as you did.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands