What to do

withawedge

withawedge

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing in an $8, NLHE, 1356 entrants last night.

Money paid out 136.

Only 212 people left, Blinds @ 200/400 plus antes.

Biggest Chip Stack in tourney 19k

I have just over 8k (3rd highest stack on table). Guy who acts before me has been stealing, without showing and has roughly 10k. He has also been involved in a lot of pots and folding when re-raised etc etc

Guy before me raises to 1k, and I am holding Ad,Kd.

I re-raise to 4k, and everyone folds round to him. He thinks a while then re-raises (enough to put me All In).

What would you do?????

:confused:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty easy call. 4k to call into a ~13k pot, getting over 3:1 there's absolutely no way you can fold AK here.

I probably just shove over the top of his first raise preflop, though.

withawedge

withawedge

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made the call and he turns over A,4os.

He flops trip 4's and thats the end of me.

It was the "Nice Call" he put in the chat that made me laugh, (in between my tears).

:(

zebranky

zebranky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
call

I have just over 8k (3rd highest stack on table). Guy who acts before me has been stealing, without showing and has roughly 10k. He has also been involved in a lot of pots and folding when re-raised etc etc

Guy before me raises to 1k, and I am holding Ad,Kd.

I re-raise to 4k, and everyone folds round to him. He thinks a while then re-raises (enough to put me All In).

What would you do?????

:confused:
You gotta call here, you're basically pot-committed, and unless you really believe he's finally got KK or AA, its at worst a race.
MY only suggestion is the opposite of Dorkus - raise less. 3k establishes you've got a hand just as well as 4k, but leaves a majority of your chips still in your stack in case you do need to fold to a LP re-reraise. And it's still 7.5xBB - that should push any weak hand out of the game this late in the tournament.

Bad luck on the 4's - but its still a call everytime.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well

this one is pretty easy, simple call you have already put in almost half your stack. Regardless of the end results, that really dosent matter at all. Poker is about making the logical and smart decisions at the time not what the overall outcome of those decisions are.

You made the correct decision and got unlucky, it happens.