What to do?

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacks: - WQRQ with 3485 - hatex4 with 3915 - jzenaaz with 4580 - Quinnster with 1745 - Arkadiy with 2785 - whoscindylou with 3300 - xdawaterboyx with 1575 - Big_Cntry194 with 2375

index.pl

index.pl

Blinds: 15/30
Site: pokerstars
* - Dealt to Arkadiy:
9d.gif
ks.gif

* - Sklansky group 8
Preflop:
**- 1 players fold.
* - arkadiy raises 55 to 85
**- 3 players fold.
wqrq calls [85]
* - hatex4 calls [70]
* - 1 players folded.
* - Total folds this street: 5
* - Potsize: 285
Flop:
9h.gif
2d.gif
8h.gif

* - hatex4 bets [130]
**- 1 players fold.
* - arkadiy raises 230 to 360
**- 1 players fold.
* - hatex4 calls [230]
* - Total folds this street: 1
* - Potsize: 1005
Turn:
7d.gif

* - hatex4: checks
* - arkadiy bets [340]
* - hatex4 calls [340]
* - Potsize: 1685
River:
4h.gif

* - hatex4 bets [930]

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

What do I do here? Results posted after.

burntrider

burntrider

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not gonna ask why your in with K9 off, vanquish covered that. FLUSH. fold. blinds are still 15/30 and 2 people are gone. he's got some rag hearts cus he's a donk.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars Game #14219221290: Tournament #72165847, $4.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2007/12/31 - 01:30:39 (ET)
Table '72165847 19' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: WQRQ (3485 in chips)
Seat 2: hatex4 (3915 in chips)
Seat 3: jzenaaz (4580 in chips)
Seat 4: Quinnster (1745 in chips)
Seat 5: Arkadiy (2785 in chips)
Seat 7: whoscindylou (3300 in chips)
Seat 8: xdawaterboyx (1575 in chips)
Seat 9: Big Cntry194 (2375 in chips)
hatex4: posts small blind 15
jzenaaz: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Arkadiy [9d Ks]
Quinnster: folds
klemper83 is connected
Arkadiy: raises 55 to 85
whoscindylou: folds
xdawaterboyx: folds
Big Cntry194: folds
WQRQ: calls 85
hatex4: calls 70
jzenaaz: folds
*** FLOP *** [9h 2d 8h]
hatex4: bets 130
Arkadiy: raises 230 to 360
WQRQ: folds
hatex4: calls 230
*** TURN *** [9h 2d 8h] [7d]
hatex4: checks
Arkadiy: bets 340
hatex4: calls 340
*** RIVER *** [9h 2d 8h 7d] [4h]
hatex4: bets 930
Arkadiy: folds
hatex4 collected 1685 from pot
hatex4: shows [8s Ts] (a pair of Eights)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1685 | Rake 0
Board [9h 2d 8h 7d 4h]
Seat 1: WQRQ (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 2: hatex4 (small blind) collected (1685)
Seat 3: jzenaaz (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: Quinnster folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Arkadiy folded on the River
Seat 7: whoscindylou folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: xdawaterboyx folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Big Cntry194 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, fold.

When blinds are so small, there is no value in this hand in any position, let alone in EP.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't like taking any risks huh? :p (@ fold pf)

there's a difference between 'risks' and -EV plays. if anyone opens light it's me, but that's just not the right type of play even if you are playing LAG

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'll actually expand on my point a bit:

you opened K9o from early position - this hand is easily dominated and puts you in a questionable position on any flop that you don't hit really really hard. you're going to need to analyze the board texture when you flop a pair and decide whether or not you can actually get value out of whatever villain's holding, or whether you're just valuetowning yourself. in this case it was the latter. i do not recommend opening light if you play pairs/etc so hard on flops and spew when you don't flop huge.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'll actually expand on my point a bit:

you opened K9o from early position - this hand is easily dominated and puts you in a questionable position on any flop that you don't hit really really hard. you're going to need to analyze the board texture when you flop a pair and decide whether or not you can actually get value out of whatever villain's holding, or whether you're just valuetowning yourself. in this case it was the latter. i do not recommend opening light if you play pairs/etc so hard on flops and spew when you don't flop huge.

Hmm, k. Thanks for explaining. So if someone else made a similar raise as mine, I could be calling there in search for a monster flop?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, k. Thanks for explaining. So if someone else made a similar raise as mine, I could be calling there in search for a monster flop?

it depends who is making the raise, when in the tournament it is, etc. generally you don't want to be playing hands like K9o in raised pots 9 handed, it is too easily dominated and you could end up going busto on a flop like K95 because villain has KK, etc. if you want to be calling a raise in an effort to stack someone there, you most likely want a suited connector/small pair, hands with low risk high reward implications.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends who is making the raise, when in the tournament it is, etc. generally you don't want to be playing hands like K9o in raised pots 9 handed, it is too easily dominated and you could end up going busto on a flop like K95 because villain has KK, etc. if you want to be calling a raise in an effort to stack someone there, you most likely want a suited connector/small pair, hands with low risk high reward implications.

K I understand. I am pretty loose / aggressive player but at the same time, know when to fold.

Thanks for explaining. (from what I understood, if I am going to play a hand it should be 2 live cards, in this case a K is generally not live)

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K I understand. I am pretty loose / aggressive player but at the same time, know when to fold.

Thanks for explaining. (from what I understood, if I am going to play a hand it should be 2 live cards, in this case a K is generally not live)

try practicing reading board textures etc if you really want to succeed playing LAG. this can be tough sometimes but it can work really well. know when to mix up your game as well.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try practicing reading board textures etc if you really want to succeed playing LAG. this can be tough sometimes but it can work really well. know when to mix up your game as well.

I will try and look through some hand histories later and post em up.

Started saving them not to long ago.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
K8 type hands should be routinely folded from early position, i could see an arguement for playing from the CO or button, but the blinds are small and your playing a hand WAY to easliy dominated, even if you want to play LAG. Youll find it much better raising hands like 76s for lot and lots of reasons. Low cordinated flops help you immensly and make your hand very well disguised, and youll stack you opponents much lighter, + your not going any further in the hands when you flop nothing.

Hands like K8 will get you in lots and lots of trouble on K22 type flops when opponents decide to play back.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold on the river, take a note on your opponent of the shove with 2nd pair.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold pre flop
bet more on turn since you bet less on turn that you did on flop, opening the door to draws
Fold river and respect the play of the guy pushing a scare card to get you off best hand