What about slowplay with AA pos flop?

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played the hand a little bit too aggressive, i would have checked on the flop and the turn with the hope your opponent would think he has a better hand than you do and that he would bet. If and when he did bet i would re-raise 2x the amount raised on the flop or turn. On the river if he hadn't bet anything yet i would raise 2/3 of the pot.

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never slowpay unless you are playing against a loose agreesive player. But always raise and 3-bet your opponnent.

S

summer_kz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its bad idea slow play AA, only vs agressive players some times use!

Anki_KB

Anki_KB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would raise 2-3 BB to minimize the number of opponents preflop, but not scare all of them off(more if there are many lose players) How i proceed after that depends on the action on the table and what cards that comes. analyze every step thru the hand so you dont give them the chance to hit the nuts. play agressive. A small win is better than a great loss. Trust your intuition regarding all possibillities.

C

cjhanas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow playing AA post flop is just asking for trouble, as giving your opponent the right price to make their hand will often end in you loosing the hand. Just my experience with AA...

W

watplays

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing more I love to do than to stack somebody who slow played an over pair. The only t thing worse than slow playing is paying somebody off who turned two pair a set or worse backdoor str8s and flushes. And more than likely they probably would have laid their hand down if you played aggressively. Head up late it in tourney excellent early middle no no. .

M

mbrown1025

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have come to despise pocket Aces. Very seldom, if ever, they do me any good. I have tried slow play, which only worked once or twice, and I have tried all in. The problem with playing them slow, for online poker that is, that you have donks who play bad cards and call everything. KK does me much better for some reason!

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you bet too small on the flop and then too big on the turn. We should try to size our bets a little bigger on the flop to get value from our hand and to help our c-bets work better. Then when we bet for value on the turn we can make it a little smaller compared to the size of the pot but still get value. In this particular hand, the board is pretty dry so I'm ok with a check and then a value bet on the river. There's not a lot of cards that come that I'm scared of. And checking the K makes you look like you're a little scared of it which could induce a bluff.

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not much you can do, but if you truly wanted to extract max value, you could check raise turn, (very risky) but hope that he his hand somehow and he'll stab at it in position.

if he checks back, I'd be very cautious on river, when another small card comes or board pairs, i'd check call in some instances... yes you lose value, but on occasion you may take his entire stack.

90% of time, OOP, i'm bet, bet, bet on all streets...

C

cj2327

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your flop bet seems undersized to me. Not only do you get less on the flop when he calls, but then your turn bet seems even stronger than if you had made a more sizeable flop bet. You can't take down a monster everytime you get AA. Bet it hard and hope someone else has enough to chase you.

Evgenyi Shepelev

Evgenyi Shepelev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I observed one game. In her to one person 2 times came AA. Both times all in from a preflop. And both times have run over him, that whom I watched. So as you can see if AA have come, it doesn't mean that you win.

Attachments

• 2017-03-27_03-21-00.jpg
    2017-03-27_03-21-00.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 2017-03-27_03-21-35.jpg
    2017-03-27_03-21-35.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 2