very tuff call cld it be avoided

D

dan_ives

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i gt ace 2 suited on s.b no rasie pre flop so i just limp in flop a,7,5 no bets so i put out a double the blind feeler bet 2 callers..turn 2 i make 2 pair sum1 bets i raise all in they turn over pocket 7s..shld of pushed all in with my 2 pair or calmed it down and flat called >?<

p215j

p215j

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dan flat call here is a good move, but won’t define your hand. You’ll go to the river not knowing if your hand is really good or not. A lot of time the excitement/bravado of the situation clouds your decision-making abilities. Most poker players make decisions immediately without even giving it a thought of what their opponents could have. I know it’s hard not to think you have the best hand here. A set is hard to put anyone on. Trust me, I’ve lost hundreds of dollars in B&M ring games misreading these situations. Not anymore, though. The best course of action in these situations is to reraise, not all-in but solidly if they move over the top & all-in, you’re probably up against a set & for sure beaten. Your gut usually will tell you. Tough lay down on a board like that but the correct play.