ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Blinds are 150/300 on partypoker.

I have 23k in chips in the 300k GTD satellite in a $3 rebuy and the rebuys are over.

Im UTG +1 with AKs. I raise to 5xBB (15000) and all the ppl get out of the way to the maniac (who was pushin all-in with any 2random cards b4 the break). The maniac puts me all-in with QTs!!!

He hit's his flop flush n im down to 7k. Shud of won that hand but meh.

I get QJo in the SB and sum dude im midd pos who raises 2xBB with a 13% PFR so i decide to try a steal raise n put him all-in (shud of re-raised but meh i was short-stacked). He has pocket T's and i catch a Q on the flop but he catches a flush on the river n im out.

The AK play was ok i thought bcos a maniac put me all-in n not many times i fold AKs. But the QJo was this good play??

S

sketchpad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would have just called his raise here and then if you hit the flop hopefully you'll be able to push him off his pair with an overcard on board. If you push at this point you know you're going to get called by someone with 10's.
I'm not a fan of pre-flop play, I like to try and outplay postflop so that's what I would have done. And of course against a maniac you made the right move with ak

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds are 150/300 on partypoker.

I have 23k in chips in the 300k GTD satellite in a $3 rebuy and the rebuys are over.

Im UTG +1 with AKs. I raise to 5xBB (15000) and all the ppl get out of the way to the maniac (who was pushin all-in with any 2random cards b4 the break). The maniac puts me all-in with QTs!!!

He hit's his flop flush n im down to 7k. Shud of won that hand but meh.
I think there are some typos that need to be fixed and the story doesn't work. Are the blinds 150/300 or 1500/3000? Did you raise to 1500 or 15000? If he put you all in and you lost the hand how do you have 7k left? This all doesn't add up right.

I get QJo in the SB and sum dude im midd pos who raises 2xBB with a 13% PFR so i decide to try a steal raise n put him all-in (shud of re-raised but meh i was short-stacked). He has pocket T's and i catch a Q on the flop but he catches a flush on the river n im out.

The AK play was ok i thought bcos a maniac put me all-in n not many times i fold AKs. But the QJo was this good play??
Can't answer the first part, see inconsistencies above. Regarding QJo, can't give you a real answer as 13% PFR means nothing out of context. What is his VPIP and AF? I'd give more credit to a guy with a VPIP of 19 and PFR of 13 than VPIP of 48 PFR 13. And you put him all in? For how much more? And you're thinking you should have just reraised instead of shoving? What were the blinds at this point?

Better yet, do you have a hand history you can post and this analysis isn't really going to go anywhere without some real numbers such as stacks and bet sizes.

N

ncscout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ak play was good to me. The second hand I would have just called and then when the queen hit went allin. He might have folded then.