TT in the BB

R

RFirmino96

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good tight player opens the pot in te CO for 2.5x, a agressive player 3bets him for 6x and you wake up in the BB with pocket tens. You have a short stack of 15BBs. What is the correct play, jam or fold?

Both of them have an average stack about 40BBs

Last edited by a moderator:
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If 3better is a loose-aggressive and is re-stealing/3bettng a lot of PFRs, I think we can with 1010 here to try and isolate with this player because we have a decent hand against their 3betting range.

If 3better is a tight-aggressive player, I think we can still jam here but we could easily be in 50-50 situations against AJ+ or broadway hands, or, if were lucky, they're raising with a smaller pair. Sometimes we'll get unlucky and run into JJ+, but I think this is too good of a spot to let 1010 go for 15BBs.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard spot.

If we breakdown what happen, a raise and a reraise infront of us seems strong for me.

i think its a flip Ill get at minimum but dominated at max.

N

NooBsKing

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I shove here. Although the CO is good tight player, but it's CO and he can only steal from late position, because he has a tight image. He may not have a good hand. Only JJ+ crushing us and vs aggresive 3betor are TT good. It's my opinion...

legudus

legudus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're ITM? Near to bubble?
If u are in the initial phases of MTT i think the shove is a nice play. But a fold and wait for a better spot its not wrong too. It's my opinion... rs

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If 3better is a loose-aggressive and is re-stealing/3bettng a lot of PFRs, I think we can with 1010 here to try and isolate with this player because we have a decent hand against their 3betting range.

If 3better is a tight-aggressive player, I think we can still jam here but we could easily be in 50-50 situations against AJ+ or broadway hands, or, if were lucky, they're raising with a smaller pair. Sometimes we'll get unlucky and run into JJ+, but I think this is too good of a spot to let 1010 go for 15BBs.

I'm assuming the LAG 3-bettor's range might be tighter ... he's 3-betting a Tight player & he's looking ahead, knowing he's obviously priced in if blinds shove.
I'd still gii

P

ProntoGM

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Often, big stack just bully small stack on BB, its a good chance to double up. I shove here.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good tight player opens the pot in te CO for 2.5x, a agressive player 3bets him for 6x and you wake up in the BB with pocket tens. You have a short stack of 15BBs. What is the correct play, jam or fold?

Both of them have an average stack about 40BBs

It's a shove or fold situation.
Hmmm...I think it's more like shove especially if it's a turbo tourney.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only range we're really concerned with is the 3bettors range, but he's gonna have to be pretty tight to warrant folding TT with 15BB in an MTT, in most cases this is a jam/race situation

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If itm in consideration,you should fold.

W

walleye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like a shove situation to isolate to the aggressive player. You are probably 50/50 if someone calls.

P

Playtext

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will shove 99 above here. so shove.

S

ShoTyme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a feel thing. Go with your gut. I'd probably fold most of the time because at best I'm a flip and with 15 bb I would hope to find a better spot but that's just me.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the guy is really being aggressive and you are fairly certain that there's at least a chance he is doing so with less than a premium hand, then a shove is the best play. Given your stack size, you are going to have to do something soon, and you could catch him with something like K-9 suited or maybe even a lower pocket pair, and get a good double up for yourself.

D

dturner100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of great opinions.
I think I'm with everybody else here hoping to isolate the less than premium hand with a shove in most situations ( tournament progress ).

W

WRG0413

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would jam 8-8 and higher in this situation with only 15 BB.
Even if both players call you have a good chance of taking down the pot! When you drop down to 6 BB you should shove any pair.

R

rlzaleski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the CO, I think he might have it. Every time I play around when they in the BB or CO/Button they seem to have it.

Really depends on your eye on him. Some of them will mix it up with J/9 and you can get them off, others won't.

T

Terrell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gonna be tough to get a better hand with 15bbs or less. with the exception being at a final table with other shorts stacks if you can climb a few spots

D

dturner100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$10 SnG on Black Chip 9 max turbo.
4 left
I've got 10-10 on the BB and I think of this thread here.
I'm sitting in 2nd with plenty of chips.
Could have and should have folded.

The button pushes 3x BB.
I've seen him push 3x with 2/7 to AA. He'll play anything so I shove.

Of course I know this is wrong. I don't have to commit chips to be in the money. All other players are willing to shove and battle. I could have sat and waited, but I shove.

He flips 5/4o.
I think I'm good.
Flop comes 5/5/4
I'm praying for a ten.
Turn - 5/5/4/10
Yes!!!
River 5/5/4/10/5

Oh FML I'm cursed!!!

Shouldn't have shoved, but really???

K

ksidrew

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a very standard all in with 15bb and 1010 in the big blind vs and aggressive button 3 better. Im jamming this all day and am quite happy about it. You are going to be way ahead most of the time and flipping somtimes with extra dead money in the pot. With 15 bb i dont think you can afford to wait for a better spot than this. Get it in!

S

Sosa VII

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it's easy to say jam is the right play if you intend on staying in the hand, considering if you call you'll only have around a pot size bet left.

As philthy said, can easily be in a flip situation, and also the aggro 3better could be stealing as well.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We only want to shove low stack if we have the vigorish, which means we are the first to act. Doesn't even matter what cards you have in your hand at that point, well, more or less.. You want to be the first to act.

J

JPainTrainSicko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I may have missed it but is the 3better on the button? His position and stage of the game will affect the way I'd play. Also what's our image like? This is a shove or fold moment that's not a question. Based on the info provided if you shove you are probably getting called.