Trouble hand

A

acalculator

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand got me into trouble, if any good players can give me insight on what I did wrong, I would greatly appreciate it. I was originally trying to steel the blinds but I did have a middle pair so it wasn't a terrible hand. I had resently arrived at the table so I didn't have a great read on Crazy but from what I saw he was not a loose player. Thanks, here it is

PokerStars Game #8097596726: Tournament #41088818, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2007/01/24 - 10:07:21 (ET)
Table '41088818 5' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: goirish#180 (4970 in chips)
Seat 2: ACalculator (3780 in chips)
Seat 3: marcoohtje (1220 in chips) out of hand (moved from another table into small blind)
Seat 4: r!kku (6297 in chips)
Seat 5: Crazy ED 2 (2140 in chips)
Seat 6: PHENOM40 (2170 in chips)
Seat 7: ramalak566 (1375 in chips)
Seat 8: gassp (9188 in chips)
Seat 9: HamburgHSV (6147 in chips)
r!kku: posts small blind 75
Crazy ED 2: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ACalculator [9h 9c]
PHENOM40: folds
ramalak566: folds
gassp: folds
HamburgHSV: folds
goirish#180: folds
ACalculator: raises 150 to 300
r!kku: folds
Crazy ED 2: raises 150 to 450
ACalculator: calls 150
*** FLOP *** [3h Ac 4h]
Crazy ED 2: bets 150
ACalculator: raises 300 to 450
Crazy ED 2: raises 300 to 750
ACalculator: calls 300
*** TURN *** [3h Ac 4h] [5d]
Crazy ED 2: bets 940 and is all-in
ACalculator: folds
Crazy ED 2 collected 2475 from pot
Crazy ED 2: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2475 | Rake 0
Board [3h Ac 4h 5d]
Seat 1: goirish#180 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: ACalculator (button) folded on the Turn
Seat 4: r!kku (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: Crazy ED 2 (big blind) collected (2475)
Seat 6: PHENOM40 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: ramalak566 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: gassp folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: HamburgHSV folded before Flop (didn't bet)

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NEVER miniraise. You're in late position with a good, not great hand and zero action before you. You should have made it at least 3x the big blind. You might have just gotten a small pot but its better than losing a big pot. I like your raise on the flop becuase it will tell you where your opponent stands. In this case, it's clear he has Ace something. I would fold right there.

zebranky

zebranky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow... ummm....

I'm not sure where to start on this - I don't mean to be rude or insulting, but this was a terribly played hand.

PF - middle pair, no action in front of you, on the button. If you're in, raise 4xBB (600), not a minraise. you're asking for callers by minraising, and you don't want a caller. Your minraise looks weak, and the BB is perfectly justified in re-raising you on that weakness if he has an A or even a K. Either make the big raise, or limp and play for set-value or a low board.

Flop. An A comes off and your opponent bets. you've got 9's. What do you think he's betting with? I thnk you have to fold, or at most flat call here. You raise (3x his bet, which is good if you decide to raise here, although I don't know why you raise), he re-raises. Fold now, please?

His Bet on the flop is either an Ace or two hearts - and the re-raise, in my mind, tells me it's not two hearts.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got the info on flop, he has the ace, fold the 99s. Theyre worth nothing. a pocket pair looks good but isnt worth much in this situation. And why call 750 on flop and fold to a 900 turn bet.

I think you simply got caught up in betting and didnt take time to think it through. It happens to me a lot.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great advice here for the next time your in a similar situation.
there's nothing for me to add here except to say hello and welcome to CC, trust me whan I say that your game will improve, provided you take the advice you find on this forum, keep posting HH and good-luck at the tables.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok

like everyone said raise more preflop.

on the flop it isn't a instant fold because his bet is very small in relation to the pot but I don't like raising him here. You are only going to get called if he has you beat. Sure he could be raising with something like JJ-KK and might fold to a re-raise but I doubt he is betting here with JJ-kk with you raising preflop.

He most likely has a ace....most likely a weak one like AT or AJ, A2 is also big chance and he just hit wheel.

A

acalculator

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys for the advise. Greatly appreciated. Zebranky, thanks for being brutally honest that's what I need, and thanks shinedown for the welcome.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands