trapping for more chips

riverboatrat

riverboatrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check out this hh and tell me how I could entice more chips out of this player?

full tilt poker Game #3802386855: $3,000 Guarantee (28452626), Table 12 - 300/600 Ante 75 - No Limit Hold'em - 10:34:50 ET - 2007/10/09
Seat 1: McKenzie 18 (16,317)
Seat 4: RiverBoatRat (49,797)
Seat 5: raiders99 (23,521)
Seat 6: Wooffur (19,280)
Seat 7: JeffRock1 (13,017)
Seat 8: iturnedyou22 (9,418)
Seat 9: kev2 (6,841)
McKenzie 18 antes 75
RiverBoatRat antes 75
raiders99 antes 75
Wooffur antes 75
JeffRock1 antes 75
iturnedyou22 antes 75
kev2 antes 75
RiverBoatRat posts the small blind of 300
raiders99 posts the big blind of 600
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RiverBoatRat [Ad Qh]
Wooffur has 15 seconds left to act
Wooffur is sitting out
Wooffur has timed out
Wooffur folds
JeffRock1 folds
iturnedyou22 folds
kev2 folds
Wooffur has returned
McKenzie 18 raises to 1,800
RiverBoatRat calls 1,500
raiders99 folds
*** FLOP *** [Td 3c Qc]
RiverBoatRat checks
McKenzie 18 checks
*** TURN *** [Td 3c Qc] [Qs]
RiverBoatRat checks
McKenzie 18 has 15 seconds left to act
McKenzie 18 bets 2,400
RiverBoatRat calls 2,400
*** RIVER *** [Td 3c Qc Qs] [6d]
RiverBoatRat has 15 seconds left to act
RiverBoatRat bets 600
McKenzie 18 has 15 seconds left to act
McKenzie 18 calls 600
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RiverBoatRat shows [Ad Qh] three of a kind, Queens
McKenzie 18 mucks
RiverBoatRat wins the pot (10,725) with three of a kind, Queens
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 10,725 | Rake 0
Board: [Td 3c Qc Qs 6d]
Seat 1: McKenzie 18 mucked [Jh Ts] - two pair, Queens and Tens
Seat 4: RiverBoatRat (small blind) showed [Ad Qh] and won (10,725) with three of a kind, Queens
Seat 5: raiders99 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: Wooffur folded before the Flop
Seat 7: JeffRock1 folded before the Flop
Seat 8: iturnedyou22 folded before the Flop
Seat 9: kev2 folded before the Flop

TubaMark316

TubaMark316

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if he was willing to bet that much on the turn...I would have doubled it on the river...and he would have thought you had 6's and he would have thought his ten's were good...

I mean, betting 600 on the river is nothing, he is gonna call regardless...so you should have either bet hard on the river or possibly went all in...he would be thinking about it, but I also have a feeling he would have called...

Nice hand by the way! :)

Vollycat

Vollycat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet the flop and turn. Make the pot a little bigger so he is willing to call down. Without reads on the player it's tough. If he's a calling station, no brainer. But if he's really tight your probably not going to ge much out of him anyway.

S

Shandy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since he is the preflop raiser, and you are oop, i like donking the flop into him, but before you do this you have to ask are you willing to go all the way (ie- not put him on AA KK, QQ, 1010,33, Q10)- if he were to shove all his chips in. I think this works very well, because put yourself in villians shoes- if he is a thinking villian- he should/ could be thinking along the lines of- if you had a hand which was good enough to get to a showdown why would you bet into him, would you not check (either for pot control, or to checkraise- the usually imminent continuation bet), so now villian will put you on a range of hands which will do this, which are usually medium pairs- maybe a weak draw, 10x, at the strongest end of the range are hands such as JJ or Q no kicker- so villian will usually assume that a shove will get you off your hand, or they will call with the plan of shoving the turn if checked to. So yeah in summary i bet out about 2000 on the flop (call any shove obv), and check the turn if called- open shove the river if villian checks behind on turn

clamman1

clamman1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since the pot was 10k and he was rasiesingthe whole time he prob had sumthin along the lines of what he did have mid pair so in this case i actually would have bet around 3k b/c he prob dosnt put u on the q and is pot commited altho he did have a low chip stack so maybe even 2k or so

o and next time altho u did end up with the best hand even tho the turn gave u trips there were still 2 clubs out there nxt time lead out with a bet and if he folds then who cares take what u can get if he calls then he either has a pair or flush draw but he might have even reraised in which case u can go all in and hope he dosnt get lucky

or folds be happy with the ot tits still 6 thosuand chips

Last edited by a moderator:
Poker Chips - History of Chips