Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Squid is semi tight passive only raising 2 times in about 100 hands,
both times with AK. She seems solid but tricky post flop. Stats are 20/5/1

fulltiltpoker Game #5152352917: Daily Double - A (38428826), Table 89 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:46:58 ET - 2008/02/06
Seat 1: Four Dogs (7,415)
Seat 2: DONATE2U (7,825)
Seat 3: Buddah Love (7,370)
Seat 4: kokosha00707 (2,500)
Seat 5: TRUSE32 (410), is sitting out
Seat 6: hanchiii (4,320)
Seat 7: uberdonkey1 (9,165)
Seat 8: Squidward2 (8,305)
Seat 9: ChadBroChill (1,635)
Buddah Love posts the small blind of 100
kokosha00707 posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Four Dogs [Ad Td]
TRUSE32 folds
hanchiii folds
uberdonkey1 folds
Squidward2 calls 200
ChadBroChill folds
Four Dogs raises to 600
DONATE2U folds
Buddah Love folds
kokosha00707 folds
Squidward2 has 15 seconds left to act
Squidward2 raises to 1,400
Four Dogs calls 800
*** FLOP *** [Ks 7s Ah]
Squidward2 bets 600
Four Dogs raises to 4,900
Squidward2 raises to 6,905, and is all-in

Hmm :icon_scra Table is pretty tight. I'm sure if I fold here I can still get back in the hunt.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why raise the flop? What worse hands are calling you? What better hands are folding?

As played I guess we're committed to call but I hate how you've put yourself in this unnecessary spot.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind taking a shot pre-flop with this hand, but if your read is good and this opponent really is only raising premium cards, I might even throw this away after her raise.

Actually... OK, no, with a deep stack I probably call the pre-flop raise. But especially since it's a limp-raise, it smells fishy as: I'd be wanting to hit two pair or a good combo draw to continue.

As played, ouch. If you reckon you can fold and come back from this then fold I guess. I just don't see how you're going to be ahead here and you've even missed your backup flush draw. At best you're out-kicked, at worst you're completely dominated.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
both times with AK. She seems solid but tricky post flop. Stats are 20/5/1

FullTiltPoker Game #5152352917: Daily Double - A (38428826), Table 89 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:46:58 ET - 2008/02/06
Seat 1: Four Dogs (7,415)
Seat 2: DONATE2U (7,825)
Seat 3: Buddah Love (7,370)
Seat 4: kokosha00707 (2,500)
Seat 5: TRUSE32 (410), is sitting out
Seat 6: hanchiii (4,320)
Seat 7: uberdonkey1 (9,165)
Seat 8: Squidward2 (8,305)
Seat 9: ChadBroChill (1,635)
Buddah Love posts the small blind of 100
kokosha00707 posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Four Dogs [Ad Td]
TRUSE32 folds
hanchiii folds
uberdonkey1 folds
Squidward2 calls 200
ChadBroChill folds
Four Dogs raises to 600
DONATE2U folds
Buddah Love folds
kokosha00707 folds
Squidward2 has 15 seconds left to act
Squidward2 raises to 1,400
Four Dogs calls 800
*** FLOP *** [Ks 7s Ah]
Squidward2 bets 600
Four Dogs raises to 4,900-(2400 would possibly have achieved the same result without committing you)
Squidward2 raises to 6,905, and is all-in

Hmm :icon_scra Table is pretty tight. I'm sure if I fold here I can still get back in the hunt.
But as played, you're committed here but fold anyway and learn from your mistake.
You have a read on villian, and with this info you should have not raised his bet on the flop.
IMHO, you made a mistake by re-raising so much on the flop.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ughh. I actually woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep because I realised that I mistitled this thread. TPTK should have been TPGK. I need to get a life.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually couldn't get to sleep last night beacause I realised that I mistitled this thread. Instead of TPTK it should have read TPGK. I need to get a life.

Why raise the flop? What worse hands are calling you? What better hands are folding?

As played I guess we're committed to call but I hate how you've put yourself in this unnecessary spot.

I don't mind taking a shot pre-flop with this hand, but if your read is good and this opponent really is only raising premium cards, I might even throw this away after her raise.

Actually... OK, no, with a deep stack I probably call the pre-flop raise. But especially since it's a limp-raise, it smells fishy as: I'd be wanting to hit two pair or a good combo draw to continue.

As played, ouch. If you reckon you can fold and come back from this then fold I guess. I just don't see how you're going to be ahead here and you've even missed your backup flush draw. At best you're out-kicked, at worst you're completely dominated.

But as played, you're committed here but fold anyway and learn from your mistake.
You have a read on villian, and with this info you should have not raised his bet on the flop.
IMHO, you made a mistake by re-raising so much on the flop.

In retrospect I must admit that I played this horribly. No way I'm ahead here. I still believe my PF play was in order. My ATs was ahead of many LP limping hands, even considering her 20% ViP. I'm thinking PP or KQ, maybe QJs. The PF RR was something new but still, a must call. I lost it on the flop play though.

Four Dogs calls 1,115, and is all in
Squidward2 shows [Kc Ac]
Four Dogs shows [Ad Td]
Uncalled bet of 890 returned to Squidward2
*** TURN *** [Ks 7s Ah] [8h]
*** RIVER *** [Ks 7s Ah 8h] [5h]
Squidward2 shows two pair, Aces and Kings
Four Dogs shows a pair of Aces
Squidward2 wins the pot (15,130) with two pair, Aces and Kings
Four Dogs stands up...
and is glad he busted out early enough to get to bed at a decent hour.

As bad as I played this, I still can't figure out what her plan was. She played AK like it was AA.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually couldn't get to sleep last night beacause I realised that I mistitled this thread. Instead of TPTK it should have read TPGK. I need to get a life.

In retrospect I must admit that I played this horribly. No way I'm ahead here. I still believe my PF play was in order. My ATs was ahead of many LP limping hands, even considering her 20% ViP. I'm thinking PP or KQ, maybe QJs. The PF RR was something new but still, a must call. I lost it on the flop play though.

Four Dogs calls 1,115, and is all in
Squidward2 shows [Kc Ac]
Four Dogs shows [Ad Td]
Uncalled bet of 890 returned to Squidward2
*** TURN *** [Ks 7s Ah] 8♥
*** RIVER *** [Ks 7s Ah 8h] 5♥
Squidward2 shows two pair, Aces and Kings
Four Dogs shows a pair of Aces
Squidward2 wins the pot (15,130) with two pair, Aces and Kings
Four Dogs stands up...
and is glad he busted out early enough to get to bed at a decent hour.

As bad as I played this, I still can't figure out what her plan was. She played AK like it was AA.
She didn't play it like AA, she just took your 3-bet as weakness and raised to see where she stood, she may have folded if you went over the top of her re-raise and even if she had played it like AA, then why did you raise the flop so much with an ace on board?
It all comes down to one thing....DON'T PLAY TIRED, we all make bad plays when our heads are not 100% in the game.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played it fine Four Dogs.

(looking forward to the Team Event! ;)).

Seriously though, not much to add. As Shinedown said, bet sizing post flop was terrible, you can't fold now but you've thrown away 2,500 by overbetting. I'd be more inclined just to call as per Chuck to be honest, and see what the turn and river bring - your opponent is now going to consider an Ace as a likely holding, if she fires out again after the turn you can make a more qualified decision as to whether you should continue based on your hand strength and her likely holdings.

NuRelic

NuRelic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
both times with AK. She seems solid ...

I could get into a hand breakdown on this one, but there's already plenty of Chef's already in the soup mix. Nevertheless I had some difficulty getting into hand in-general because the opening lines made me want to ask, "How did you figure out that Squid was a chick, or do you just using the effeminate pronoun for describing all of your table villains?

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
She didn't play it like AA, she just took your 3-bet as weakness and raised to see where she stood, she may have folded if you went over the top of her re-raise and even if she had played it like AA, then why did you raise the flop so much with an ace on board?
It all comes down to one thing....DON'T PLAY TIRED, we all make bad plays when our heads are not 100% in the game.
I'm not sure where it was that I showed any weakness. lol. Actually that's the problem here. I should have slowed down ALOT.

What I mean by playing it like AA is that at the time I called the final bet, I would have expected that hand more than AK. In fact, that is exactly what I expected to see. She had only raised twice in 100 hands, both times she showed down AK, so seeing AK on the flop without the preflop raise made that hand unlikely. She might have limped with AQ, AJ, but I doubt she would have 3 bet, same with any pocket pair. When I reraised her on the flop, she HAD to give me creds for an ace. I too was playing fairly tight, 20% Vip and about 16% PFR. It's not uncommon to see AA limp from LP, particularly at a tight table that is likely to fold to any raise. Since I downplayed the possibility of AK or trips based on the PF play, AA was the only hand left that made sense.

While I think my reasoning was sound (but wrong), my bet sizing was deplorable. I had satelited into the tourney and I wasn't really in the mood to play it. It was late and I think I was looking for an excuse to bust out so I could get to bed.