TP vs aggression

P

phatjose

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same tourney as the AK thread. Villain this time is a much better player. Fairly TAG, and someone I consider one of the better players at this weekly game. My preflop play here is horrible I know, so let's focus on the post flop play :D Blind level was 100/200 and we are 7 handed.

UTG (1300): Folds
UTG+1 (1000): Folds
MP1 (1400): Folds
Hero (6200): Calls Hole Cards: Ac2h
Button (2100): Folds
Villain (2200): Calls
BB (3800): Checks

Flop: Ah9h4c

Villain: Bets 600
BB: Folds
Hero: ?

What's my move here?

Falloooooon

Falloooooon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the villain feels like if you had an ace you would have raised so he is trying to buy this by being first to act. If that's the case, the best thing to do is call and see if you can get him to bet at you again on the turn. Raise him on the flop and he'll let that bluff go.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep in mind his stack size here. He's commmitted 800 of his 2200 to this pot. If you come over the top for his whole stack, he's not in a great place where he can fold...

However, you have the worst top pair possible. If you consider the villan tight, I would pick a better spot. You have very little invested in this pot, and if you call he's shoving the turn quite often.

Villan's most likely holdings are:

1) A (better) weak ace like you.
2) A flush draw.
3) A pocket pair or mid pair.

His potsized bet has pretty much committed him to the pot. If you think he's holding 2 or 3, shove. If you think he's holding 1, fold. And since you've put him as a tight player, I'd find a better spot. You have only a BB invested in this pot.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise him all in here, he doesnt put you on an ace and probably has a 9. If he had an ace he would have raised maybe even pushed all in to take down the blinds to add to his short stack. he want have a set either since he surely owuld have raised with a pp. You are chip leader so i would pile hte pressure on. If you had raised this pre flop from CO with the big stack you wouldnt have had this situation probably. My helpful advice of hte day would be for you to read some articles about being hte big stack, it should help your play.