*** TURN *** [9s 3s 3c] [9c]
brutus34: checks
player1: checks
*** RIVER *** [9s 3s 3c 9c] [5s]
brutus34: bets 1800
player1: raises 2400 to 4200
brutus34: calls 2400
*** SHOW DOWN ***
player1: shows [9d Kh] (a full house, Nines full of Threes)
brutus34: shows [8s Ks] (a flush, King high)
player1 collected 14400 from pot

got wayyyyy too excited about hitting my flush on the river didnt notice the 9s and 3s on the board. after he reraised me i shouldve put him on a full house thinking he had a 9 or 3. didnt have many hands with him as it was final table and i was moved to this table from my other table so didnt have much of a read on him but reads aside i shouldve seen the full house coming. will definitly not get so excited to see my draw hit next time and put more thought into it. was sitting 2nd in chip count and this hand screwed me from making the money.:( feel free to let me know how i might have avoided this from happening other than the obvious of using my head lol.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard about people keeping a Poker "Never & Always" List. "I will never..." and "I will always...". Put this one on your list.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two pair on the board and you hit the flush is a dangerous situation. When he raised your river bet, I probably would have folded.

H

HotShotX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, this is the kind of hand that you do not tamper with, unless you yourself hold the FH. Especially since you had a good stack of chips as it was. No matter what you think you might have, there's nothing wrong with just "letting go" of a good hand.

Gotta remember, it's not about having the most chips, it's about making a paying position, THEN you can go for chips.

~HotShotX

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually you should have folded when he raised your 600 bet to 1200. That should have sent red flags up all over.

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah when he raised my 600 i should of folded right there.

yeah hotshot that is usually how i play but for some reason i had a brain fart and didnt play my usual style. my first priority is to get into the money then work on getting the most chips. most times i wouldve folded when he raised my 600 thinking he already hit his hand and i was still chasing mine so just give it up and let the hand go. maybe one thing was it was almost 3 am and i was beginning to get tired and wasnt thinking straight. like i said most any other time i woulda gave up when he raised me.

when he raised my river bet for some reason i thought he hit his flush too and since i had k high flush id go with him but if i woulda been paying attention to the board and see the 2 pair i wouldve figured he hit a full house and thrown it in. think ill chalk this one up as a mistake for playing so late since this is in no way the way i usually play.

RiverNoHelp

RiverNoHelp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One point that hasn't been brought up is the fact that the whole time he wasn't even drawing to the nut flush, just king high flush.. Attempting to draw to a flush when the board is paired is risky enough but then add to it the fact that the board shows two pairs.. You've got too know when you're beat in these types of situations..

Full Flush Poker