Too agressive, too soon? UB $5 MTT shove from LP

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$5 MTT on UB, 29 players left, 20 paid & I'm in 16th and I am not interested in just cashing.

Converter didn't work too good :*(

My M is less than 10, I'm in the SB, 2 folds, UTG+2 limps, folds to me, I shove, BB folds and UTG+2 calls.

Results oriented play says it'd have probably been better to do a standard raise and then shove on this flop as a 75-25 favorite. But if UTG+2 shoves over my raise I have to fold. Looking thru my db I see that my KJ, KQ hands are only winning 15% of the time but opponents KJ, KQ hands are winning 85% of the time. Do I just have a the real bad end of varience?

Stacks:
- Agitha with 9305 - PearlSnapMan with 3410 - woo27 with 6815 - dacuse44 with 7975 - Jillychemung with 5480 - SILVERFOX666 with 8875 - donkeysrule with 2800 - Schwem with 2705

index.pl

index.pl

Site: UltimateBet
Flop:
2s.gif
2c.gif
5c.gif

Turn:
kd.gif

River:
jd.gif

Results:
* - Tournament all-in showdown -- players show:
* - Hero shows :
ah.gif
7d.gif

* - Schwem shows :
qs.gif
ks.gif

* - Showdown: Game No : 50547594-130 Summary: * Hand History for Game 50547594-130 Summary:
* - Schwem wins 5885 with two pair, kings and deuces.

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure what exactly your M was (or the blinds) but I think I'd have folded here. An early position limp can be suspicious. Ax with a higher x than you is quite possible and would not be good. A pocket pair beats you, and any other hand isn't really all that far behind.

Another reason to maybe pass is you get the button on the next hand, giving you another 8 hands to make a move before you have to post a blind.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reads on UTG+2? With a hand like this, you don't want to be called.

That said, you're already in the money, and you're shooting for 1st. If UTG+2 has a decent shot at laying this hand down, then I make this move all day.

Only advice I have is to try and target some slightly bigger stacks. If you have an M of 10, then the UTG+2 limper needs to get busy now, and will probably be calling. Try to make this move on stacks who can afford to fold it (and who can truly double you up when you coinflip with them). When you flip with a small stack, and you're left with an M of 4-5, you're pretty much dead anyways, but they can't add 100% to your stack when you win. But stacks that are your size or higher can actually afford to fold & can truly double you up.