Lovepoker38 calls 80
*** FLOP *** [Qc Jh 7c]
Lovepoker38 has 15 seconds left to act
Lovepoker38 bets 80
Entiteit raises to 320
Lovepoker38 calls 240
*** TURN *** [Qc Jh 7c] [3d]
Lovepoker38 checks

How do we get the most value out of our hands here ? What kind of move should we make: Bet or check behind. And if we bet, how much ?

I always seem to have trouble getting value out of my big hands, they fold too often ..

H

Henreiman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With trips, I like to check the flop UNLESS there is a draw. An obvious straight/flush draw and I'll bet. If I am bet to, I raise. On the turn, assuming everyone checked on the flop, I'll bet. Can't let them get another free card. Watch out with Jacks, though...dangerous hand. Phil Laak lost a big chunk of his stack with Js and then got knocked out with Js a short while later in wsop Event 1. If a Q, K, or A hits play carefully, especially an A, and if two of them hits, get out of the way. Good luck

l Love Beer

l Love Beer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd go w/ a 2/3 potter, maybe more according to his previous play. But when we flop a set we are always trying to maximize our value, for one to make up for those times we don't get paid off, and another because we feel like we deserve to get paid off with such a big hand.

No reason for pot control here, as we don't want pot control. Also with the FD out there there is no reason to give up a free card. So with a pot of 920, and with you having ~ 2500 chips behind, a 600-650 bet will give him ~2.4:1. This is a little less than what he need to draw (not that he wont draw for this price.) But most importantly the pot on the river, if he calls will be ~2200-2300. Leaving you with a little less than a pot sized bet to shove with on the river.

Obviously if a club gets comes, you'll have to re-evaluate, and since your in position that'll be easy to do... also KT would be a possibility, so you may have to play with caution if A or 9 falls. But 3 handed i'm almost always trying to get it in here, it just makes since with the donk bet call that he more than likely has some sort of a drawing hand.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to bet this. The decision of whether or not to slowplay a big hand should be a function of both how likely your opponent is to put chips in the middle, and how likely he is to outdraw you. Here, you have several draws on board (ie your hand is vulnerable), and your opponent is likely to call since it's an action board. Bet.

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's clearly interested in the hand, throw a bet out. 600 seems a nice number to me.

I'm not too concerned about the draws here myself. It's blind vs blind so it's statistically unlikely he has the draw, though the action suggests there's a chance he has. But I think it's more likely he's caught the Q and thinks it might be good.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I opted for the bet when playing this, was considering a 500 bet, but then I thought that may smell of value bet. So I made it 700 to make it look like i was buying the pot. Evidently he folded. So maybe I should have gone for something like 600.

Thanks for the replies.

orangecat

orangecat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The proper term for your hand is a "SET" You flopped a set. "TRIPS" are when the board pairs and you make 3 of a kind. :) Not trying to be a jerk I just thought I would clarify that . I agree with other posters so no need for my opinion on hand :)

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The proper term for your hand is a "SET" You flopped a set. "TRIPS" are when the board pairs and you make 3 of a kind. :)

Thanks I always mix those 2 up, although I know what they mean.
My gut lets my down oh so many times :)

K

keymax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
600 is a good bet here I think. You have a dominating hand. If he was holding pocket queens he would've bet higher or re-raised, so you know you have him. That said, you can't scare him off. 600 is decent and if he folds then so be it.

Strong Dollar1

Strong Dollar1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the way the hand played out to this point it look as if your opponent is trying to get a free card, I would be careful of the str8 draws, and the flush draws that are on the board; you don't want to get greedy, and let your opponent draw to the nuts for a little price, if he is on AQo then you might be able to put enough pressure that he will simply call to the river hoping his AQo is good, but if you bet with too much strength, and haven't displayed it in early play, then he might just muck the hand. Very tricky, to him play this hand and get paid off just right without putting yourself at risk, but you don't want him to catch either, and bust you!

vincemcnabb

vincemcnabb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet 575 here, try and make it look like you're trying to buy the pot with the smallest bet possible, but bet it quickly, because I usually notice if people are bluffing me they quickly bet at it.

Dank Hugh

Dank Hugh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would bet the pot here, same as if you had top pair.
you are hoping there is a Q with a hi kicker out there