Suggestion for a Poker Play in MTT

GODMello

GODMello

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mid to the end of a MTT (500 people left of 14300)
6 people at the table
Villain 1 (TAG) UG: JhJd $12540
Heroe: UG+2: KcKd $15300
Villain 2 (LP) BT: AhAd $26200
Blinds: $400/$800 ante $100

Villain 1 raises to $2400. Heroe calls, Villain 2 calls. The rest folds.

Pot $9000

Villain 1:
$10040

Heroe:
$12800

Villain 2:
$23700

Flop 8c4d3h

Villain 1 goes all in. Heroe calls. Villain 2 calls.

Pot $39120

Heroe: $2760
Villain 2: $13660

Turn: 9s

Heroe: Checks. Villain goes all in. Heroe calls.
River: 6d

Villain holds the higher pair (AhAd) and wins.

Question 1: Pre-flop - should have heroe called? Or raised? Or folded?

Question 2: And after-flop?

Question 3: After Turn, was that a good call (even two pairs would win the pair of kings)?

Question 4: Was it a coin flip? Is there anyway that the Heroe could win?

This happened with me and I think I didn't make a bad decision, but if I did, where was it?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First villain open 3bb this very big raise for his stack.. It looks very strong range.. In such a situation it is necessary to do 3bet, but not much around 5400 enough....

Flop very good for you, i put range villain 1 like mostly overpairs or AK , i am only call.... Anyway if villain 2 also shove, you must call because your stack only 3.5 bb

Question 3: After Turn, was that a good call (even two pairs would win the pair of kings)?
Turn situation has not changed much, and we can not do value bet.. But if we going all-in now , villain 2 never fold, because pot already very big and he must call any two.... We must shove turn, this looks very good....

Your situation not coinflip, this cooler, sometimes happens, but you played correctly. Preflop call also not mistake, but for value better 3bet...

This happened with me and I think I didn't make a bad decision, but if I did, where was it?
As I said above, it's cooler but in most cases you will win in such situations...The next time luck will be on your side...

Last edited:
KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
U got coolered short stacked. Aces vs kings +less than 20bb. Nothing wrong

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mid to the end of a MTT (500 people left of 14300)
6 people at the table
Villain 1 (TAG) UG: JhJd $12540
Heroe: UG+2: KcKd $15300
Villain 2 (LP) BT: AhAd $26200
Blinds: $400/$800 ante $100

Villain 1 raises to $2400. Heroe calls, Villain 2 calls. The rest folds.

Pot $9000

Villain 1:
$10040

Heroe:
$12800

Villain 2:
$23700

Flop 8c4d3h

Villain 1 goes all in. Heroe calls. Villain 2 calls.

Pot $39120

Heroe: $2760
Villain 2: $13660

Turn: 9s

Heroe: Checks. Villain goes all in. Heroe calls.
River: 6d

Villain holds the higher pair (AhAd) and wins.

Shoved, this hand is just a cooler which happens sometimes.

As played - Shove, this hand is just a cooler which happens sometimes.

As played, you're committed with 3 BB's left, Shove, this hand is a cooler which happens sometimes.

No, this was not a coin flip, you were crushed as was Villain 1.

This was a cooler, which happens sometimes.

Refer to bolded answers in quote...

A

aceben3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would reraise preflop, I think it's the best way to get value for your hand. I do not mind shoving t15300 to win t4200, increasing my stack by 27% without a showdown is fine if they happen to fold. But if you want to just call preflop you should definitely get it in on that flop.

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This really is a cooler - you're stuck between a TAG and a better hand. Had you shoved preflop, you would have only ended up heads up against AA, at best.

With less than 10 bigs, I'm shoving KK all day long. Especially if UTG is aggressive. This was just one of those hands where everyone ends up all in by the river no matter what.

And with a TAG UTG and a flat, AA is certainly only going to flat call, hoping that the TAG shoves the flop. Why bet when your opponent will do it for you?

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
This really is a cooler - you're stuck between a TAG and a better hand. Had you shoved preflop, you would have only ended up heads up against AA, at best.

With less than 10 bigs, I'm shoving KK all day long. Especially if UTG is aggressive. This was just one of those hands where everyone ends up all in by the river no matter what.

And with a TAG UTG and a flat, AA is certainly only going to flat call, hoping that the TAG shoves the flop. Why bet when your opponent will do it for you?

This is such a horrible assessment of this situation that I can't begin to express it. The shoving KK part preflop, which has been expressed several times so far, is totally correct. No-brainer. You should NEVER be afraid to get all your chips in the middle preflop in an MTT with KK. Ever. If it turns out that your opponent(s) have AA, the good game. It happens.

The part about villain2 only calling with AA is ASININE. There are a lot more hands of combos for villain2 in which he calls your shove. There are 6 combos of AA that call. There are six combos of QQ that call. TT (6 combos) might call. AK (8 combos) might call. Bad players might even call with AQ.

The bottom line is: with 10BBs or less preflop, you should always shove with KK in this spot. Any other advice is horrific (and typical of Michael Paler).

Good luck.

-HooDooKoo

J

Jpetro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Defiantly a cooler. Everything said before is correct. Never be afraid of getting your stack in with KK. If you are, you need to fix that.

K

Karametric

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never feel bad for getting allin preflop with KK. Well, maybe if there are about 7 or more people shove before you and you are really deep stacked. I'm probably still doing that anyway.

If you have a shortish stack, people will call you lighter because they expect you are getting desperate.

The only mistakes with this play with this hand is you didn't get your chips in sooner. which they would have called or raised every step of the way. So, as said by others, cooler.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. raised 2. all in 3 after the turn of the bound stack and fold no. 4 could be disposed of only pre-flop play to a minimum but it is almost impossible.

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is such a horrible assessment of this situation that I can't begin to express it. The shoving KK part preflop, which has been expressed several times so far, is totally correct. No-brainer. You should NEVER be afraid to get all your chips in the middle preflop in an MTT with KK. Ever. If it turns out that your opponent(s) have AA, the good game. It happens.

The part about villain2 only calling with AA is ASININE. There are a lot more hands of combos for villain2 in which he calls your shove. There are 6 combos of AA that call. There are six combos of QQ that call. TT (6 combos) might call. AK (8 combos) might call. Bad players might even call with AQ.

The bottom line is: with 10BBs or less preflop, you should always shove with KK in this spot. Any other advice is horrific (and typical of Michael Paler).

Good luck.

-HooDooKoo

So, u agree with me, and make it sound like thats not what I said. I get tired of you moronic twits and your little barbs. Go troll someplace else.